+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Live Cma Awards

Re: Live Cma Awards

Album of the year Troubadour George Strait

Carrie was the only Female nominated for best album. The good ol boys club rules Nashville. George didn't sell nearly as many nor have nearly as many #1 hits off that album as Carrie has had. Entitlement..

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3233497;
    Carrie was the only Female nominated for best album. The good ol boys club rules Nashville. George didn't sell nearly as many nor have nearly as many #1 hits off that album as Carrie has had. Entitlement..
    With all due respect, I have never gotten the feeling that George Strait himself feels entitled. I do, however, agree that it's a good ol' boys club that's seemingly impossible to break lately. Remember the whole stink last year that these awards aren't necessarily given on merit.....?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I had the same thought when she thanked her lawyer!

From what I read initially awhile back it was over money. Kristen said she was supposed to get a certain percentage of any earnings. I don't know the particulars of it and haven't heard anything since. I like Kristen and have some of her albums. But it seemed odd that she would get a portion of profits for the use of the name "Sugarland". If she is the song writer than that is something different and would likely be a part of it's own contract. I can see being tired of the road, it is a demanding way to make a living until you hit it big.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3233499;
    With all due respect, I have never gotten the feeling that George Strait himself feels entitled. I do, however, agree that it's a good ol' boys club that's seemingly impossible to break lately. Remember the whole stink last year that these awards aren't necessarily given on merit.....?
    The other day, I heard a radio interview with Toby Keith. He said the reason guys like himself and Tim McGraw rarely make appearances at this anymore is because only those with the big labels win. He said in his opinion, this is just another TV show and the awards don't mean anything.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3233502;
    The other day, I heard a radio interview with Toby Keith. He said the reason guys like himself and Tim McGraw rarely make appearances at this anymore is because only those with the big labels win. He said in his opinion, this is just another TV show and the awards don't mean anything.
    Toby Keith has been a HUGE critic of the CMAs. And last year there was the big Kenny Chesney flap.

I love this Carrie song. The video was soooo well done!

Carrie could sing the phone book and I would buy it. She is beautiful thru and thru.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Vince Gill!!!!!! Love this man.. always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3233509;
    Vince Gill!!!!!! Love this man.. always will.
    Same here.

Loved Brad's comment about Carrie.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Female vocalist goes to Carrie! 3 for 3!

+ Reply to Thread