+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Live Cma Awards

Re: Live Cma Awards

Glad Nettles won for Stay.

Kid Rock, meh.

ETA: at the Joe the Strummer T-Shirt!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

When in the world are the producers of these show going to learnn that Taylor Swift just cannot sing live. If it wasn't for some trick in the performance, she would be totally forgetable. And she is nominated for a Vocalist Award? Woe is me. Now, watch her win.

Kid Rock tore it up though> Was that Joe Satriani on guitar?

I kept hearing Werewolves of London in my head during Kid Rock's song. So the performance was a bit weird for me.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Wish George was performing his nominated song instead. I'd like to hear it in it's entirety.

Everyone sounds so horrible tonight. The show's sound guys should be shot. (And I've bounced through three tvs and a car ride home... and the mix was just nasty on all of them. )

Kellie Pickler looked horrible... sorry, Unk. The hair was a zoo... and she did slink into that dress. The front row probably liked what they saw, I agree, razorbacker. I couldn't recite one word of that song back to you.

Brad Paisley and Keith Urban were having SO much fun up there laughing and jammin'. That was nearly as much fun to watch. Hard to believe it was their first time performing together.. surely they just meant "on the show...", right?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think Taylor was kind of irritated she didn't get to give that award to her buddy Kellie.

New Artist of the Year: Lady Antebellum

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3233456;
    Everyone sounds so horrible tonight. The show's sound guys should be shot. (And I've bounced through three tvs and a car ride home... and the mix was just nasty on all of them. )

Kellie Pickler looked horrible... sorry, Unk. The hair was a zoo... and she did slink into that dress. The front row probably liked what they saw, I agree, razorbacker. I couldn't recite one word of that song back to you.

Brad Paisley and Keith Urban were having SO much fun up there laughing and jammin'. That was nearly as much fun to watch. Hard to believe it was their first time performing together.. surely they just meant "on the show...", right?

It sounds great in High Def & 5.1 surround.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3233454;
    Wish George was performing his nominated song instead. I'd like to hear it in it's entirety.
    I really really like the song he did. So laid back & easy.

razorbacker, it didn't really do anything for me, but I am not really a George Straight fan. I do like the song he won for tho.

Carrie does look great tonight. She is going to perform as well, correct?

Reba and Brooks and Dunn. This should be good! (Would have been better if she got to sing more.)
    Last edited by AsIs; 11-12-2008 at 09:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread