+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Costner is in a band...who knew?

FORT Newbie

Kevin Costner is in a band...who knew?

This was pretty surprising to me, but it turns out they are actually really good. They are called Kevin Costner and Modern West and their debut album, "Untold Truths" is set to be released 11/11 by UMGD. My personal favorite song of theirs is "Long Hot Night". If you have a minute the band is really worth checking out.

What do you think?

Mary

Re: Kevin Costner is in a band...who knew?

If I'm not mistaken the band is appearing at the Grand Ol Opry this Sat. night.

MRD

he and is band (Great Western I believe it's called), played here last year and we went. Meh, I've heard better bar bands.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

He's from where I live and he played here in the streets of downtown about 6 months ago. They aren't great but they are entertaining.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie

I think his band is called Modern West actually. Too bad I won't be able to see him perform but it would have been kinda nice. It wasn't as bad as I imagined.

If ya'll get GAC you can watch him Live from the Grand Ol Opry on Saturday Night

The question isn't "who knew?" it's "who cares?" Just because you can start a band, doesn't mean you should. He's no better a singer than he is an actor.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3231362;
    The question isn't "who knew?" it's "who cares?" Just because you can start a band, doesn't mean you should. He's no better a singer than he is an actor.
    That's so true.

Although I have seen the Rock Bottom Remainders with Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. And while they aren't great, they at least have fun and don't take it too seriously.

That wasn't the case the night I saw Costner's band. And he walked past my husband in the crowd and people were trying to say hi to him and he wouldn't stop, wouldn't look at anyone and definetly wouldn't return any greetings. My husband (who was waiting in the beer line) said he acted like an a**ho**.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3231676;
    And he walked past my husband in the crowd and people were trying to say hi to him and he wouldn't stop, wouldn't look at anyone and definetly wouldn't return any greetings.
    Well that's a fine way to treat people if you want them to listen to your crappy band. Please tell me they didn't charge anything to see him. Really, they should have paid you to suffer through his set. Or at least gave you a free beer.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3231708;
    Well that's a fine way to treat people if you want them to listen to your crappy band. Please tell me they didn't charge anything to see him. Really, they should have paid you to suffer through his set. Or at least gave you a free beer.
    It was a free concert and the beer helped the music immensely. We met some interesting people and had a good time with them. Most of the people came out because it was Kevin Costner. But there were a lot of comments that night about it being a mediocre band.

Interestingly enough he and his band and his golf tournament have not been back since and it's been almost 2 years. Instead we got the pro-bass fishing tournament instead of the Kevin Costner Golf Tournament.

George Clooney acted the same way when he was here filming a movie almost 2 years ago. Does it hurt to smile and at least say hello?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast