+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phish Reunion

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Phish Reunion

Phish To Reunite For March 2009 Gigs -- Additional Dates To Be Announced
    Phish-heads react ecstatically to news.

By James Montgomery

Good news for fans of "extended improvisations" (don't call it "jamming"): Nearly five years after calling it quits, Phish our nation's finest exporters of lengthy, genre-hopping musical numbers with indecipherable titles like "Golgi Apparatus" will reunite for a three-night stand at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia.

The band made the announcement on its official Web site early Wednesday morning (October 1), via a time-lapse video that showed an artist's rendering of the iconic (to Phish-heads, at least) diamond-like exterior of the Coliseum, along with the words "Phish: Hampton. March 6-7-8, 2009."

The venue holds special significance to both Phish fans and the band itself: It was where Phish's famed six-CD live album, Hampton Comes Alive, was recorded back in 1998, and the band often referred to the Coliseum as its "mothership."

Tickets for the three Hampton shows are currently up for grabs via a "request system" on Phish's site. The on-sale date for the general public is October 18.

Reaction to the news has been rather, um, positive on Phish message boards. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWAAAAAAAAAAAA
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!" wrote one fan at OhKeePa.com, a community named after a song on Phish's 1990 album, Lawn Boy. "I'M NOT SLEEPING UNTIL SUNDAY 10:01 WHEN I HAVE THREE TICKETS TO THE SPACESHIP IN ME HANDS."

"I can't breathe," wrote another. "I'm serious, someone call the paramedics."

Phish last played together in August 2004, at their very own Coventry Festival in northern Vermont. The event was marred by bad weather, traffic, and the death of at least one fan. Since then, the four members of Phish have kept busy with solo careers, but rumors of a reunion persisted, hitting a fever pitch in early September when they played an impromptu set at the wedding of their former tour manager.

Phish released their last studio album, Undermind, in 2004, just one month after announcing their plans to break up. It is not known whether they plan to record new music following the Hampton shows, but a message on their official site says that "the band intends to announce additional touring in 2009 early next year."

Phish To Reunite - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Any Phish fans here? My brother is ridiculously excited about the news.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Newbie

Re: Phish Reunion

aahh i want to see phish

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Tickets for the public went on sale at 10am Eastern today. I was on Ticketmaster at 10 sharp all logged in and ready to go and tickets sold out in like less than 5 minutes for all 3 nights. I wasn't able to get them for my brother.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Newbie

I wish I could go!

+ Reply to Thread