+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock

MRD

Re: CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3193004;
    Dwight's sex appeal is in the jeans (from the hip down to the boots), boots, leg wiggle, long hair (although his cool cowboy hat hides his bald dome) and his voice. JMHO. I like his music because it sounds more like old country than modern mainstream country.

The funniest thing I remember about Dwight is that he dated Sharon Stone, and after they broke up, he called her "the anti-Christ"...LOL.

I tuned in just in time to hear most of Jewel's song...I love just about everything about her...heck, I wish I *was* her.
    I have to agree with all of that. I am more of an "old" country fan and Dwight's music harks back to those days. I usually always tell people I don't listen to country music made after about 1985. But I love me some Dwight Yoakum, tight jeans and all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

But...but..... men aren't supposed to have camel toe. Dwight Yoakam has camel toe to the extent that I really doubt that he's a man. I am so not a fan of tight jeans on men. Not in the least little bit.

I will give a bit on the music, as it isn't terrible, and I, too, am a huge "old" country fan. My proverbial cd rack is lined with Hank, Willie, Hank Jr, Randy Travis, Sammy Kershaw, Collin Raye, Steve Wariner, Statler Brothers, Oak Ridge Boys, Baillie and the Boys, Travis Tritt, etc. Love the old twang.. the old stories.
    Last edited by Broadway; 09-09-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3193234;
    But...but..... men aren't supposed to have camel toe. Dwight Yoakam has camel toe to the extent that I really doubt that he's a man. I am so not a fan of tight jeans on men. Not in the least little bit.

I don't get the Dwight appeal either but give me Tim McGraw in tight jeans any day.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I reckon I'm polar opposite from the rest of you, cause I just couldn't & still can't get behind the "old" Country. Yuck a reno! Give me the new & the now Country anyday. I suppose I feel like that cause a lot of what passes for Country now days seems to be 60's & 70's rock all over again. The Eagles, Creedence, Jackson Browne, & to an extent Van Morrisons' music from the 70's would have made a home on Country radio today.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3193252;

I don't get the Dwight appeal either but give me Tim McGraw in tight jeans any day.
    Oh man, they could dress Tim McGraw up like a dirty, drunken bum on a 10 day bender and he'd still be hot.

You could then knock out all of his teeth and he'd still be hotter than Dwight Yoakam.

razorbacker... my loving old country isn't to the exclusion of new. Good music is good music.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MRD

I will give a bit on the music, as it isn't terrible, and I, too, am a huge "old" country fan. My proverbial cd rack is lined with Hank, Willie, Hank Jr, Randy Travis, Sammy Kershaw, Collin Raye, Steve Wariner, Statler Brothers, Oak Ridge Boys, Baillie and the Boys, Travis Tritt, etc. Love the old twang.. the old stories.
    You lost me after Randy Travis, but add in Johnny Cash, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Jerry Reed, Charlie Daniels, Eddie Arnold, Flatt and Scruggs, Buck Owens, Faron Young.

I don't think Dwight has um, well, camel toe. I just like how he looks in those jeans and how he does the leg wiggle. Besides he's got a sexy voice too.

Premium Member

Just say no to camel toe. That is just so nasty. I never understood his appeal either, and I'm a long time country fan.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3193672;
    Just say no to camel toe. That is just so nasty. I never understood his appeal either, and I'm a long time country fan.
    Well, to each his own. I myself never understood the Elvis appeal for years. I've just recently gotten into Elvis and his music, but for a long time, I could not figure out what everyone saw and heard in him. I know, it's ALMOST unAmerican to not like Elvis.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I still don't get the Elvis love. If I never heard Elvis again, I wouldn't be mad.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3197617;
    I still don't get the Elvis love. If I never heard Elvis again, I wouldn't be mad.
    OH.MY.GOD.

The man still reduces me to tears..........

In my eyes, one of THE most beautiful men and one of the most talented!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast