+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CMT Music Video Awards 4/14 CMT

Re: CMT Music Video Awards 4/14 CMT

The Tennessean has a pretty good recap here: TuneInMusicCity.com
    And some pictures fro the red carpet, as if bama ever needs help finding pictures.
    TuneInMusicCity.com

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2919292;
    I missed the show but have managed to catch bits and pieces in replay....

HAVE MERCY! I'm out of the country loop but Jake Owen made me ....I've got to go check him out....is he the one that's going to be on tour with Carrie, razor?????

Totally 100% agree with you on that!!!

[What did Trace sing? What did Tim/Faith sing?

She sounded great and as always-looked phenomenal....those shoes she had on were some killer shoes!
    Jake Owen isn't the one that will be opening for Carrie, that will be Jason Michael Carrol (check him out, I think you may like him). But interestingly enough, Jake was the opening act for Carrie & Brad when she toured with Brad last year. By the way, just like Bucky, Jake has an identical twin.

Poor Taylor Swift. She has a huge fan base because of her myspace site & they are rabid voters, so there was no doubt in my mind that she was going to win those awards. But, this isn't the first time she has appeared on one of these shows & sounded absolutely dreadful. She is a talented young song writer & they can fix her vocals in the studio, but there can be no faking the live performances.

Trace didn't sing. Tim & Faith did their duet I Need You, which shouldn't really be considered a duet since their voices never touch once during the song. But, it is still a great song.

I am continually amazed at just how good Carrie does live. There are very very few people in any genre that are as good or better live as they are on record.
    By the way, evidently since she has a couple of days before her next concert, she is flying to Las Vegas to film the video for Last Name. Should be a good one.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2919809;
    The Tennessean has a pretty good recap here: TuneInMusicCity.com
    And some pictures fro the red carpet, as if bama ever needs help finding pictures.
    TuneInMusicCity.com
    Looking back through those pictures...Sara Evans looks pretty as does Julianne Hough and Diana DeGarmo, Faith Hill looks "old" in that outfit, Keith and Nicole look gorgeous together....but tell me again...why is Sisqo at the CMT Awards????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Sara Evans - that's another one that's not so good live.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2920817;
    Sara Evans - that's another one that's not so good live.
    Yep, she can be pretty brutal. She has one of those Crossroads shows coming up on CMT in the next couple of weeks, where she goes Crossroads with Maroon 5. Don't know about that one.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Sounds pretty scary to me. I do love a good horror show, so maybe I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2918965;
    I have said this before, but I'll say it again. Carrie live is as good as anyone I have ever heard. The girl just never misses a note. Nice way to end the show.
    Unfortunately, I didn't care for the performance. I agree that she didn't miss a note, but the performance/arrangement of the song just sounded incredibly rushed and screamy. Instead of being sweet and bubbly it was "I'm an All-American girl, dammit!"

But she looked absolutely beautiful! Her stylists were so dead on with matching that outfit to the song. And bama... yes, those were killer shoes! I must find them!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Just caught Carrie's performance on YouTube. Man, those were some killer shoes! It'd kill me just to walk in them. She was stunning though!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member

I agree about Taylor Swift. She seems like a sweet girl, I loved her first acceptance speech because she was so honestly blown away by winning. I also think she's a talented songwriter - I like a lot of the songs on her CD, but I don't love the actual singing. Even after they fix her vocals in the studio she still doesn't have a great voice.

I've got to go find Carrie's performance so I can check out the shoes.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2922863;
    I agree about Taylor Swift. She seems like a sweet girl, I loved her first acceptance speech because she was so honestly blown away by winning. I also think she's a talented songwriter - I like a lot of the songs on her CD, but I don't love the actual singing. Even after they fix her vocals in the studio she still doesn't have a great voice.

I've got to go find Carrie's performance so I can check out the shoes.
    Found a couple of pics....

and then there's the red carpet shoes she had (Carrie seems to have a photographer that has a shoe fetish with her! )
    Last edited by bbnbama; 04-16-2008 at 11:16 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast