+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Michael Concert Tour

George Michael Concert Tour

OMG

Hell I gotta go to Washington DC or back to Vegas... I cannot miss this!!!!
    No stop in NC?
    I will see this if I have to hitchhike!

George Michael Announces Summer U.S. Tour
    POSTED: Monday, March 24, 2008
    FROM BLOG: Towleroad: Gay "it" blog --Newsweek's "Hot Blogs" - for anyone media obsessed...Towleroad is a must-read, premium site for modern gay men. News, politics, hi/low culture, gossip, and hot men in the news. Winner Weblog of the Year, Best American...

The following blog post is from an independent writer and is not connected with Reuters News. The opinions and views expressed herein are those of the author and are not endorsed by Reuters.com.

Calling it a "rounding off" of the first phase of his career, George Michael says he'll tour the U.S. in June for the first time in nearly two decades as a prelude to phase two, which may or may not include television production, an autobiography, and producing more music, which he says he'll likely give away for free:

"Disturbed by the increasing trend of downloadable music rendering CDs obsolete and talent shows such as American Idol taking the passion out of pop music, Michael says, 'it's the end of a certain era, and I'm not sure how much I really want to be a part of what's next. So, it's a kind of a way of saying thank you to everybody before I move on.' But this is not a farewell tour for the Grammy winner who shot to stardom in the '80s with the band Wham! and crashed when he was arrested for lewd conduct in a Beverly Hills public bathroom in 1998. Hoping to release more music in the future, Michael suspects he will offer it up to fans gratis to allow for artistic freedom. 'There are other ways I can express the things I want to. And pop music stopped being a place to express much lyrically awhile back.'"

Michael says fans can expect "the best show of their lives" which will feature tunes from his retrospective album Twenty-Five, out the first week of April. He also says this will be his last big tour: "I don't want to do anything on this scale again. No more stadiums. I'd like to be the Tony Bennett for my generation."

Tour dates AFTER THE JUMP...

Tour dates and stops for George Michael's first U.S. tour in nearly 20 years:
    June 17: San Diego/San Diego Sports Arena
    June 19: San Jose, Calif./HP Pavilion
    June 21: Las Vegas/MGM Grand
    June 22: Phoenix/US Airways Center
    June 25: Los Angeles/Great Western Forum
    July 2: Seattle/Key Arena
    July 4: Vancouver/General Motors Place
    July 7: St. Paul/Xcel Energy Center
    July 9: Chicago/United Center
    July 13: Dallas/American Airlines Center
    July 14: Houston/Toyota Center
    July 17: Toronto/Air Canada Centre
    July 18: Montreal/Bell Centre
    July 21 and 23: New York/Madison Square Garden
    July 26: Philadelphia/Wachovia Center
    July 27: Boston/TD Banknorth Garden
    July 29: Washington, D.C./Verizon Center
    July 31: Atlanta/Philips Arena
    Aug. 2: Tampa/St. Pete Times Forum
    Aug. 3: Sunrise, Fla./Bank Atlantic Center

Re: George Michael Concert Tour

Is he really banking on that lame Eli Stone show to make him marketable again?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Do What huh? I don't give a crap about Eli Stone (Mr. Whoosbee?)... this is George Michael on stage and he rocks my socks!

For the record I have 4 hrs. of his tunes on my computer and 3 hrs. of Wham! I'm a huge GM Fan!

George Michael plans first U.S. tour in 17 years | George Michael | Music News | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 03-26-2008 at 12:37 AM.

I'm sooooooo there. June 25th! Choose George!

claynation

You're going on George's 45th Birthday! to George...
    Make a Poster!

LG.

everytime I hear of George Michael I think about Arrested Development, and then get mad that Fox cancelled that show. *shakes fist at Fox* Enjoy the concert, BoBoFan!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

one of the best male voices in the music industry

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2868918;
    Do What huh? I don't give a crap about Eli Stone (Mr. Whoosbee?)... this is George Michael on stage and he rocks my socks!

For the record I have 4 hrs. of his tunes on my computer and 3 hrs. of Wham! I'm a huge GM Fan!

George Michael plans first U.S. tour in 17 years | George Michael | Music News | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly
    Wake me up before you go-go Bobofan!

Wish I could go, I love George Michael. But Atlanta is the closest and that's not all THAT close.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2894261;
    Wake me up before you go-go Bobofan!

Wish I could go, I love George Michael. But Atlanta is the closest and that's not all THAT close.
    I doubt I get to go either myrosiedog, but I can dream.
    Washington DC or Atlanta are the closest shows to me. Wouldn't Vegas be fun? I'd love to see him. He's always been in my Top 5 Favorite Male Singers of all time. I have every CD he's ever made... Just got the new "twenty-five" CD & it's amazing!!!

Meowza!! I just LOVE George Michael's music! (not all his antics necessarily) I'm soooooo glad he's getting back onstage and in the pubic eye, in a "legal" way as it may.

He's only going to three Canadian cities:
    July 4 - Vancouver/General Motors Place
    July 17 - Toronto/Air Canada Centre
    July 18 - Montreal/Bell Centre

It's almost closer and cheaper for me to go to July 2 - Seattle/Key Arena, except I dont' has a passport.

Why some big names don't include Edmonton/Calgary in their schedules, I have no idea. We have incredible fans and many times performers need to put on a second show! And we have the money from the oil boom (or some people have). George would sell out in either city, I'm sure!!

I'm just playing his Ladies & Gentlemen Best CD!!!
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-04-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast