+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: First concert / Best concert / Worst concert

Warped...tour... Must...get...tickets...this... summer...

And I'm one of the proud females that when to a BSB concert.
    "Get down, get down, and move it all around."

Wow, those were some life-inspiring lyrics.

First: Frank Zappa
    Best: Pink Floyd , and Bob Segar comes in a hard second when he opened for Kiss, we brought him back for 3 encores... and that didn't happen with opening acts then. (70's)
    Worst: Led Zepplin- saw them the 3rd night of a 4 night date in DC and they did every slow song they had.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I've only been to four...

First: Sonicflood (a Christian "rock" band)

Best: The Eagles...they were incredible. (Though Eric Clapton comes in at a very close second.) I wasn't really even too enthused to go to the Eagles, and I was just awestruck once they started playing. It was so good--very different from just hearing them on a CD, and Joe Walsh was awesome.

Worst: Probably Sonicflood...not that they were terrible, but it was held at a local church and couldn't be that great just because of the sound system. I actually liked the opening band better, and SF looked miffed when I went straight to them for autographs after the show.

The other one was Trans-Siberian Orchestra (the Christmas-metal group), and they rocked.

Fade to black
    Well I felt like making Mantenna jealous... so here goes.

Best concert: Smashing Pumpkins on their farewell tour, they were absolutely awe-inspiring live. Honorable Mentions to Fuel, REM, anytime I've seen BNL and Pearl Jam

Worst concert: I hate to admit this but I saw Lionel Richie and Sheila E. when I was 16. It was terrible, I only went because of a girl I liked.

I've been to about 60 concerts, enjoyed about 55 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    Well I felt like making Mantenna jealous... so here goes.

Best concert: Smashing Pumpkins on their farewell tour, they were absolutely awe-inspiring live.
    Curse you, Hazy! Just kidding...I'm glad you got to go. That had to have been incredible!

Crissy & I were going to go see Zwan last summer, but we had to miss it because of a blasted choir function. However, the show turned out to be cancelled anyway, so it didn't really matter...it was just the mere idea of it.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    The first concert I went to was Rod Stewart... I had went with my mom and her other two friends. I was deaf for two days and had this weird urge to have a vitamin every ten seconds. I have to say that I am forever haunted by the images of middle-aged and older women removing clothing and drowning Rod in them.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi
    I have to say that I am forever haunted by the images of middle-aged and older women removing clothing and drowning Rod in them.
    That is...just...soooooo....wrong

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    First Concert - None
    Best Concert - None
    Worst Concert - None

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    First concert: Fleetwood Mac
    Best concert: Harry Chapin (a couple of months before he tragically died in '81)
    Worst concert: Duran Duran
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

First Concert: BSB "Black and Blue Tour"

Best Concert: I have two, First was the First Lady's Tour with Beyonce, Missy Elliott and Alicia Keys!! AMAZING!! so0o many guest appearances... Like Jay-Z, Big Boy, Fabolous, and Destinys Child. Second was the Up Close and Personal Tour with the Backstreet Boys! AMAZING as well! it was irving plaza in manhattan, and if you never been there, here is a quick description "ITS SMALL" and everyone was packed in there and they came out and rock the HOUSE!!!

worse: BOW WOW he SUCKED!!!
    "At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world, some are running scared, some are coming home, some tell lies to make it through the day, others are just now facing the truth, some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil, six billion people in the world, six billion souls, and sometimes, all you need is one"

By: Peyton Sawyer AKA Hilarie Burton
    From "One Tree Hill" Season 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678