+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First concert / Best concert / Worst concert

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Have you heard of Blue ?

Well, they sucks. They cancelled their concert here twice and it pissed me off.

And now, I SO hate them. A bunch of suckers-for-girls boyband.

First - Scorpions with Great White opening

Best - Guns n Roses 1991 Madison Square Garden - They showed up on time and finished their show w/o walking off.

Worst - Steely Dan - Just boring. I'm not a Steely Dan fan but a friend had an extra ticket.
    Last edited by FinallyHere; 12-05-2003 at 10:57 AM.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

First of all, FinallyHere, I saw the Scorpions with Winger in San Antonio, great show. I saw Great White with Whitesnake in 1988, the White Tour and got backstage (Tawny Kitaen WAS hot back then)...but they weren't my first. My first is so bad and obscure I don't think y'all even know them.

I grew up in a Texas border town and my first concert was in 1982 was a low rent Menudo wannabe act called Los Chicos. They were from Puerto Rico, and a mob of girls attacked and infiltrated the hotel they were at. Please google em, all I is some of you might know Chayanne, the latin singer, he's the only thing to come out of that band.

My worst was Morissey at Six Flags Houston, cos it was so short and he was in a bad mood.

My favorite was U2 a few years ago in Columbus Ohio.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

First Concert: I'm not sure, when i was a kid i worked at the Oregon State Fair in Salem Oregon. I'd catch lots of concerts there. One of the first i remember well is The Steve Miller Band.

Best Concert: Tough one. Best Show: Jimmy Buffet. Best Talent: Eric Clapton. Best complete concert: Blues Jam with Buddy Guy, Susan Tedesci, and BB King. Most Memorable: Robert Cray playing to a very small blues bar (about 40 people).

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Worst Concert: The Tubes. We walked out when they got all freestylin' on us.
    I glad i'm not the only person around here that has been through the misery that was a Tubes concert. They played in the parking lot at a bar in Eugene Oregon. Talk about a step down in life.
    I think for me though, the Worst was David Byrne. He played almost no Talking Heads, and was more interested in changing his clothes after every song than playing music.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    My worst was Morissey at Six Flags Houston, cos it was so short and he was in a bad mood.
    I had a similar experience with Morissey as well when he played at UCF here maybe 11 years ago or so. Horribly short and he just wasn't into it at all it seemed....the coolest thing about the show was the t-shirts. I think his set was MAYBE 45 minutes long tops and tickets were not cheap.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    If Morrisey in a good mood is suicidal...what is his bad mood like...? I am asking that seriously...manic describes his mood all the time

i have only seen the smiths on film not in concert but there bad English bar music sound seems only to exist in the studio....not live....and morrisey solo never was a sound l liked....

Funny thing is the groups they are trying to sound like can get that sound at the pub every night...
    I have heard so many with names I can't recall...wait there were the Dragon swingers....can I change my vote for worst concert......

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I had a similar experience with Morissey as well when he played at UCF here maybe 11 years ago or so. Horribly short and he just wasn't into it at all it seemed....the coolest thing about the show was the t-shirts. I think his set was MAYBE 45 minutes long tops and tickets were not cheap.
    Best thing about the Morrissey concert was all the guys with the pompadours trying to look just like him. I wasn't cheap but you got to ride everything in the park as well.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

First Concert: Bon Jovi-1986

Best Concert: Wallflowers-'97, Springsteen-2001, Phish--The Great Went (Limstone, Maine)

Worst Concert: Bush--'96

First - Bay City Rollers (jeez!) :rolleyes

Best - Rolling Stones (Have seen them many times, first time will always be the best: 1979, Oshawa Canada. They did 2 charity shows for the C.N.I.B. which was part of Keith's sentence for getting busted. Got autographs from Bill Wyman and John Belushi, who was the emcee.)

Worst - Santana
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Why Santana is the worst, Qboots ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast