+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First concert / Best concert / Worst concert

FORT Regular
    First Concert......Duran Duran 1984 or somewhere around then
    Best concert......Prince (last year) and/or Aerosmith (only because I was in the second row)
    Worst concert.......Beck (he played miserable and depressing songs)

man...i've been to a ton of concerts! many of the hair bands from the 80's listed in john's post above.

first: prince - purple rain tour

best: prince - purple rain (i've seen him 3 times and this is by far the most amazing concert ever. and i left TOTALLY deaf for a day! )

worst: pink!

I didn't attend my first concert until I was a junior in college, believe it or not. I haven't been to very many.

First: INXS "X"

Best: Hm. U2 had the best visual stuff going on. REM was fun because we saw a couple going at it in their car while traffic was stopped after the show. But the best concert overall was probably going to see Survivor/Kansas/REO Speedwagon at Cheyenne Frontier Days a couple of years ago. Went with great friends, enjoyed the flashback music, had a ball making fun of the old men on the stage, and - damn - REO put on a pretty decent show!

Worst: Sting. He had a sore throat and couldn't hit his high notes.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

First concert: Barenaked Ladies, '92 or '93 (I'm old, I can't remember). Gordon was the big record. They were still playing small venues then.

Worst concert: It was my roommate's brothers band, "Zombie Birdhouse" - they were okay but the band that opened sucked (I don't even remember what they were called). The concert was in an old mall - and everyone was smoking (who knows what) and moshing... I spent most of the time with my hands over my ears...

Best concert: Jann Arden. She was a pleasant surprise. I was already a fan of her music, but didn't realize how funny she is in person.

Oh, and evalarue fan, even though I never saw them in concert, I loved Platinum Blonde.

ooh paulie, REM is a great show. really laid back kinda feel and the crowd is so into the show!

and though i am not a huge springsteen fan, the bruce show with the whole band was phenomenal a few years ago. absolutely electric. plus, i saw the show in memphis which is one of his fave places to play.

This is tough, because I've been to a million concerts, I don't even think I can remember them all. Anyhoo, here goes...

First: My mom took me to see a Tina Turner concert when I was really little.

Best: I've gone to lots of good ones, but a shortlist of my favorite live performances include Tori Amos, Aimee Mann, Sarah McLachlan, No Doubt, The Cure, The Smiths, Depeche Mode.

Worst: New Order. They just stood there, pressing buttons. And then I went to a Pop fest last summer for a local Top 40 station and Ja Rule was horrible, you don't realize how much he depends on all his special guest vocalists. He just croaked out half the lines and then would hold his mike out to the audience, expecting us to sing the rest. I feel like he should have paid us to be there!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    First: New Edition (with Bobby Brown) back around 1983.

Best: Luther Vandross - He was just wonderful. A whole 2 hours of nothing but Luther.

Worst: Jodeci - I didn't want to go in the first place and got talked into it. They were simply awful.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I am not going to name the concerts I have been to because I was forced and its pretty pathetic lol. But now since Vancouver is getting Linkin Park in February I am gonna go nuts at their concert and cannot wait!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Oh my. Regardless of what you other posters say, I AM an oldie. First concert: David Cassidy. (shut up, I know)

Best: Most memorable was the Stones, of course.

Worst - I don't remember having a bad time at a concert. (anyone remember the 70s? me neither) The Doobie Brothers weren't that great. Okay, I suppose. Maybe it was the vomit on the seat in front of me that was the bad part.

I've seen just about everyone but Floyd, I would have loved to have seen Floyd.

It would take pages to list the concerts I've been to. Some of the ones I was expecting to be bad but were good: Guns N Roses; Rush; The Chemical Brothers were surprisingly good; Yes was fantastic. Ozzie, of course.

Willie and Waylon were good. Don Williams, Hank Jr., Jackson Browne, Sting.

Eventually I started attending small venues. That's just the only way to go. The music is better and the rapport with the audience is fantastic (not to mention it's easier to meet the band afterward, and being the consummate groupie that I am...). Hole (Courtney Love); Slash's Snake Pit; Tenacious D, The The (whatever happened to them?); Collective Soul; and of course.....the king of everything rock, the award winning hero of all time: "My" Kid Rock. woo hoo. Not bragging, mind you, more of an embarrasing admisssion. (Peter Frampton, Anybody remember Extreme? Yep. And was it Shanghai Kick? Oh yeah, Jackyl, Slaughter, Warrant, Kansas, Loverboy....I win the embarrasment of the century on this one: remember Mr. Big? REO? Def Leopard, REM. I took my girls to see some of them, oh boy. No wonder I have such odd kids. And these are just the ones I remember....

Please forgive my ramblings, I seem to find myself much more entertaining than most.

Guess I should quit, you'll all think I'm more nuts than you already do.
    Last edited by J.D.; 12-05-2003 at 07:49 AM.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    First concert of a sort: Jesus Christ Superstar...

Best: The Pretenders or Robbie Roberson and the Band..

Worst: Micheal Jackson....(won tickets to a radio promotion...I should have given them back...and this was the Billy Jean era....) or Men at Work...(even in Australia they weren't singing live...)
    or maybe split enz...

ok so I have seen a lot of concerts...you might want to talk just a bit louder around me....

and snowflake girl...I really like the smiths...but how do you listen to them live and not leave the concert feeling depressed. At least with the cure, you can hum kazoo music on the way home....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast