+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First concert / Best concert / Worst concert

First Concert- 1979 Peter Frampton.
    Best Concert- Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" Tour 1992
    Worst Concert- Either Framptom or Molly Hachet/April Wine (early 80's) not my kind of music really, I just went to go.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

First concert - I think was a Boston band called J. Geils (I was only 10 so not sure) mighta been Black Sabbath - you'd think I'd remember.

best concert - J. Geils I've seen a ton of times. They were always very good. Great party and good memories (except if they were my first I don't remember) too many to remember.

worst - Allman Brothers. was a 16 b-day gift and I fell asleep.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

This is a tough one. I have been to many concerts.
    First concert=INXS
    Best concert=Shania Twain cuz she picked my husband and I to go on stage with her, but have also loved Faith Hill & Tim McGraw,
    Ricky Martin and Bon Jovi (6 times).
    Worst=Elton John-got free tickets and he's not one of my faves.

Originally posted by JR.
    First: Poison opened for Ratt

Best: Black Sabbath reunion, or Kiss reunion

I don't have a worst, I've liked them all.
    Oh yeah, the Ratt Poison concert. Been there.

First Concert: Monsters of Rock, 1988. Van Halen (right after OU812, the first CD with Sammy), Scorpions, Dokken, Kingdom Come, and a little underground metal band named Metallica.

Best Concert: Oh, that's a toughie. I've seen Poison 4 times, Ozzy 6 times, and they both rock. I'd have to say Great White/Whitesnake was pretty darn good, too. Oh, and Tesla's last concert was really good - small venue, front row center, shook hands with the drummer.

Worst Concert: The Tubes. We walked out when they got all freestylin' on us.

First concert: I won tickets on the radio to see Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life Tour

Best concert: That's a hard one. Steely Dan. No wait a minute. Fishbone. Buddy Guy. Joe Satriani. It was probably one of those.

Worst concert: I wish I could remember their band name. They were a Philipino-American heavy metal band. God, I even had their album and I still can't remember. Anyway, one of the opening bands was a prominent local heavy metal band. People went nuts for them and they kept encouraging people to fly past security and make their way onto the stage. When the featured band came to stage the crowd was in a frenzy and they kept trying to pull the dozen or so stage security guards out into the audience. There was one guard that seemed to take the brunt of the audience rage and he got pulled down several times. The band kept telling everyone to stop. Finally they got fed up and told us we sucked and left the stage. 1500 people boooooooo'd and then we went home. Oh yeah. Great show.
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

My wife answered before ...here are mine.

First concert= Platinum Blonde (BIG 80's Canadian band)
    Best concert= Shania (like Eva said) & Corey Hart (one of the many times we saw him, I got to go on stage & sing with him).
    Worst concert= Elton John

I love concerts, once you sit/stand very close for many shows, it is hard to go to a concert & sit way up.
    Mike

JR.
    Originally posted by John
    I'd have to say Great White/Whitesnake was pretty darn good, too.
    Oh I forgot about that one, that was really good too.

First Concert: Bruce Springsteen, Born in the USA tour. He played at the LA Coliseum in front of about 110,000 people that night.

Worst Concert: A combined thing that I took my at the time wife (she wanted to go) too a few years ago. Run DMC was good, but I was concerned they might break a hip. Rick Springfield was a drunk fool. Darius Rucker was good, but 98 Degrees was horrible.

Best Concert: Toto at the San Diego County Fair. I know, I know... Toto... but honest to God they were great that night. Were supposed to play for 20 minutes, but went for two hours, and the entire fairgrounds were emptied out except for the concert area listening. I don't even like Toto much, but I had to give em credit.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fanatic
    First: Bryan Adams. Ah, junior high....

Best - Bon Jovi in Montreal. That was the most fun I'd ever had at a concert (and not just because Jon was wearing leather pants, either). They played for about three hours and finished up with four encores. Nice.

Second Best - Tori Amos at the Paramount in Seattle. She's just amazing. It's only second best because of the drunks that were allowed to come in and stagger about during "Me and A Gun" which was very annoying. I threw things at them. Unfortunately one of the things I threw was my friend's lighter, and he was really angry later when he couldn't light his ciggie.

I've never been to a concert I didn't at least somewhat like, so luckily I have no "worst" story.

"I threw things at them. Unfortunately one of the things I threw was my friend's lighter, and he was really angry later when he couldn't light his ciggie."

I've never been to a concert I didn't at least somewhat like, so luckily I have no "worst" story.

----
    well Jill
    I guess you lucked out....if someone smacked me with a lighter -I think it'd be their worst concert....
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast