+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies Rock! 12/7 CBS

Movies Rock! 12/7 CBS

We usually have a few Forter's that watch these shows. Who's here with me? Razorbacker? bbnbama? Bueller? Anyone?

Re: Movies Rock! 12/7 CBS

I'm here Unklescott! Mary J. Blige did not sing well on "As Time Goes By", did she? John Legend was very good.

No she didn't.

Carrie was awesome singing "The Sound Of Music"

0.Carrie was great and so was the singer who sang "Singing in the Rain" (was it Usher?).

Hasn't Carrie grown so much in the past 2 years/ That was just beautiful. Who knew she could do something like that. Mama Underwood sure looked happy, that's her favorite musical.

This segment with John Williams is awesome too.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I wasn't home but I had my mom to tape it...I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow night!

I'm glad to hear that Carrie did well...as if she would have done anything less than that!

Who else sung?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2710799;
    I wasn't home but I had my mom to tape it...I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow night!

I'm glad to hear that Carrie did well...as if she would have done anything less than that!

Who else sung?
    I haven't watched it yet either but Jennifer Hudson, Beyoncé, Fergie, Chris Brown, Nicole from PCD were all slated to perform. I'm sure there are more?

I switched over after watching Men In Trees, just in time to agree with Danny DeVito that the title credits of a new 007 release were what I most eagerly anticpated as a young male.

Then crying time began when the 007 Massacree commenced. First they opted for one of my least favorite 007 themes, Live And Let Live, then they brought forth an executioner rather than an entertainer to deliver it.

Fergie, someone who'd I've seen mentioned here and there but never seen nor heard to this point, acted like she was part of a horror show rather than a music review. That was about as painful as I imagine watching the Hindenburg go down in flames must have been. She wrecked that song ("Ya Know Ya Did"), and don't anyone misconstrue that as a compliment.

She ought to have been crimson in shame following that performance. I simply can't imagine someone shelling out cash to support that type of 'talent'.

At least she ended the nightmare with "No No No No No No No", which is firmly fixed in my skull as a reminder to never willingly submit myself or my eardrums to her voice again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast