+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ever meet singers/bands??

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    of all the concerts i've been too- i've never met a singer/band at a show...
    i did however run into Dave Matthews at Mardis Gras a few years ago... he was out in the middle of Bourbon Street just like all of the other drunks- and he just happened to be standing right next to us. We talked to him for a few minutes- well as much as you could possibly talk to someone who was off their rocker- and he had some random ordinary girl wrapped around him in a death grip... my buddy has video of the whole encounter- but that video is locked away in a safe place- (mrs. quinn probably wouldn't appreciate the humor?)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh. My. God. Quinn. You met Dave Matthews? How much to you want for that video? Was the girl that was wrapped around him his wife (Ashley)?
    *splashes cold water on self*

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    If I ever met Tori Amos, I would die. I would. I would fall out and shrivel up right at the tip of her shoes. I love that woman.
    MrCorkles, I know just what you mean! Tori is a goddess.

Have you read the Tori Amos thread here? I posted a while back about my friend who has met her (she is as kind and wonderful as you'd imagine) and about some of our misadventures in AmosLand (like my proposing to her at a concert ).

It is uber-cool that you met Billy Corgan! That's a good one.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Oh. My. God. Quinn. You met Dave Matthews? How much to you want for that video? Was the girl that was wrapped around him his wife (Ashley)?
    i must admit- that i didnt even realize DM was standing next to me until my buddy with the video camera pointed it out... it was Mardis Gras and there were a gajillion people in the street- who knew DM would be down there with us common folk? This was either 1999 or 2000 (pre Mrs Quinn Mardis Gras all mesh together for me at this point)- I'm not sure when he got married- but that girl looked like a groupie (very ordinary, and extremely happy to be beer goggled by DM).

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Originally posted by mrcorkles: If I ever met Tori Amos, I would die. I would. I would fall out and shrivel up right at the tip of her shoes. I love that woman.[
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    Hi I am Eva's husband. I love this board.

I want to know has anyone evrer met singers/bands. No lies please.
    Here are a list of celebs we met.

Roxette, Ace of Base, Corey Hart, Duran Duran, INXS, Def Leppard, Melissa Ethridge, Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, Gowan, Celine Dion, Richard Marx, Glass Tiger, Geri Halliwell, I can't think of any more for now,...
    Tried to meet Bon Jovi several times...they are SNOBS!!
    Weirdest person we met= Bryan Adams
    plus saw Ricky Martin, Sting, John Mellancamp, Enrique face to face.

plus Shania Twain brought us on stage when she played her first concert here...that was amazing!

plus saw Faith Hill/Tim McGraw perform from the front row.

Mike
    What are the Acers like?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Gosh, I am so jealous of some of these people that everyone has got to meet....um, let's see...I met Ice T when I was visiting NYC for the 1st time and he was really nice; I've gotten Joan Jett's autograph at the little po-dunk airport here in town (she played a local gig here); I've gotten Barbara Mandrell's autograph; Evil Kneival's autograph; I've met Oliver North; the members of Cowboy Mouth; I've met Aaron Tippin and Clint Black who were both super duper nice; (gosh..my list doesn't sound as exciting as others ).......My dream people to meet: Garth Brooks, Will Smith, Donny Osmond (childhood fantasy) and Simon Cowell......... how strange is that list???!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I have met...

Ryan Cabrera, Ashlee Simpson, Usher, Missy Elliott, Gavin DeGraw, Tyler Hilton, Redman, Curtis Peoples, The Click Five, Ying Yang Twins, Ashanti, Irv Gotti, Green Day, FeFe Dobson and Drake Bell
    "At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world, some are running scared, some are coming home, some tell lies to make it through the day, others are just now facing the truth, some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil, six billion people in the world, six billion souls, and sometimes, all you need is one"

By: Peyton Sawyer AKA Hilarie Burton
    From "One Tree Hill" Season 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234