+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ever meet singers/bands??

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Last summer I met Eddie Money
    Did you tell him, "I love that theme song you wrote for 'Paradise Hotel'!"

That's a sweet story about the Crickets, I'll have to tell my Aunt, she loves Buddy Holly.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Did you tell him, "I love that theme song you wrote for 'Paradise Hotel'!"

That's a sweet story about the Crickets, I'll have to tell my Aunt, she loves Buddy Holly.
    Its funny you should say that SFG, the concert was in August at the "Taste of Westchester" (a small fest) and so PHO would have been at the high of popularity and he of course played Two Tix but didnt mention the show. And DUH - here is my a big fan of PHO and i didnt think to ask either.

I will openly admit to crying at the show though. Eddie talked about a recent stint in rehab and that his mother had recently passed away and the last song of the show (aside from the encore which was "Shakin") was "Life for the Taking" which he dedicated to his mom and hadnt played on tour for a number of years.

He also said that all $ obtained from selling t-shirts, CDs etc was going to go to a childrens charity. He was a really nice guy. I have picture of my wife and her friend each kissing one of his cheeks.

The Crickets were sooo nice. I asked them how accurate the Gary Bussey "Buddy Holly Story" movie was - they politlely said that they declined to answer.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-28-2004 at 04:36 PM.

Ya know SnowFlake Girl...You couldn't be more right!!! Considering my club is right across the street from the performing arts center in town, and the fact that I control all the beer...Well it's a match made in heaven!!

I gotta admit though...I'm totally star struck!! I love being your "Meet and Greet" host...Like I said, Worlds biggest groupie!!! I've met more people and done more cool things because of where I work and what I do. Wouldn't trade it for the world!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

Ok, ok....What if you technically didn't meet the artist but got to touch them? Does that count? If so then there's Gavin Rossdale (touched his shoulder) and Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray (somehow my hand landed on his crotch--ON ACCIDENT!) Both happened at concerts.
    Ludicrous speed!

I never met anyone but I have talked to Jenny Gear on the phone! She was on Canadian Idol and she's from Newfoundland(where I live) and its a looooong story...

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    If so then there's Gavin Rossdale (touched his shoulder) and Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray (somehow my hand landed on his crotch--ON ACCIDENT!)
    :rolleyes Uh huh, yeah sure, Char, it was "by accident."

Very cool, though. Accident or not, those are two guys I certainly wouldn't mind touching!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Caring is sharing <3 carebear04's Avatar
    The only musicians I've ever met where the guys from Good Charlotte and New Found Glory (both at the same show). All of them were really nice though.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I met Alanis Morissette in Saint John, NB.....she was so amazing. I found her very down to earth. Nice girl.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Cool thread...
    MMM lets see...Ive talked to Adam Durtiz on the phone (lead singer of the Counting Crows) I use to work in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in a Berkeley Hospital and the Chief of Neonatology was his father! He would call here and there...lol His dad would gossip about who he dated..(Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox)

Met Lars Ulrich (of Metallica)..and his wife...very very very sweet couple.

Met Mariah Carey..at Spa Radience in SF...so so nice. very pretty too.

And when I was in Maui a couple of years ago..I stayed at the Grand Wailea..and laid next to Steven Tyler of Aerosmith (GOd i love him) He was there with his wife and kids...very nice..we talked a bit...gorgeous man..lol

I've met a few more ....I post later...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I actually met Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins once when I was at a Tower Records here...it was cool,he was friendly but a little strange...

If I ever met Tori Amos, I would die. I would. I would fall out and shrivel up right at the tip of her shoes. I love that woman.

The closest I ever got to her was 15th row,and that sucks!! :phhht

I wish I knew how to meet her! Anyway,great stories guys,keep 'em coming. For those of you that have met Tori,tell her I said hi!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast