+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ever meet singers/bands??

Did you meet a round, bald smiley, JD?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Just a little story that I have always gotten a kick out of...

I don't know if the Indigo Girls are well-known everywhere or just here, being as they are from Atlanta. They are actually alumni of my alma mater, Emory University. Anyway - I used to work at a vegetarian restaurant that they both came to frequently with their respective girlfriends. I'm a big fan, but never said anything fan-ish to them, just treated them like any other customers. At some point, I quit working there and went to wait tables at another restaurant. One day, Amy (the brunette) came in to eat dinner, and I as I approached their table, she looked at me and said, "Do I know you?" I just thought it was pretty funny to have someone that I consider to be "famous" recognizing me.

I have also met Crosby, Stills, and Nash when I had backstage passes to their concert one year.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

That's a cute story, oneTVslave, with a fun "reversal". I love the Indigo Girls (coincidentally, my brother dated Emily's sister!).
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Mike, you really don't look good in a dress . You need to find your own identity ( and the hockey thread) .

No -one that anyone outside of Canada would know .
    I live in the same town as one of the most famous Canadian bands - the Hip, One member used to live next door , and most of the the others all go to the same restaurant I do all the time. Another one dated my best friends sister , before she decided that the rock&roll thing wasn't for her.

I manage one of the top two clubs in Anchorage...at one point or another they all find their way to my place. Considering I'm a total groupie, I'm in heaven!! I've met David Gilmore ( total man diva...a miva!!), Motley Crew ( very nice, and didn't drink!!), Ani Difranco ( Actually had a drink with her, couldn't have been more friendly ), Jackson Brown ( a very mellow guy ), Natalie Cole ( wow, lot of attitude, but after seeing her show...she can be a diva!!), No Doubt ( Great people ), Alanis Morrisette ( Very stand off-ish ), Dish Walla, The Fix, Blues Traveller, ( All really down to earth people ), Berlin ( The best!!! Teri Nunn and the entire band befriended every one they came in contact with...Loved them!!), ZZ Top ( Best story...They paid their bill with a credit card that had a picture of Billy Ray Cyrus on it! Very funny guys!! ).

guess that's all I can think of right now....I'm sure more will come to me later!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Did you meet a round, bald smiley, JD?

Yes. Like I haven't yapped, bragged, and boasted my way around here enough?

When I was in Jr. High in Ohio we had a day of "seminars" with various people for careers and general info. One that I signed up for was music, hosted by one of the guys from the Ohio Express and the 1910 Fruitgum Company (I think Kasenetz or Katz). They were "responsible" for Yummy Yummy Yummy and Chewy Chewy among others. Not much of a story, but cheesy.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Okay, Brusch, thanks to your post I've got "Yummy Yummy Yummy" stuck in my head for the entire day. And now I'm also hungry for cheese.

Very cool stories, Alaskangurl, and I'm sure you must have a gajillion! See, Alaskangurl has the ideal job for the true fanatic--what she does makes the stars come to her instead of the other way around!

FORT Fogey
    i have "bumped" into Cheap Trick several times at O'Hare airport, the first time I saw Rick and Robin walking through a terminal and they were each carrying a small bag in one hand and a guitar case in the other. Rick was wearing a blue sweater with big white music notes and treble cleffs on it and a matching ball cap - so they were fairly easy to spot.

I have also met some music stars in the twilghts of their career at the summer fests in my area. The bands always set up a table after the show to shake hands, sign autographs, sell t-shirts.

Last summer I met Eddie Money, Peter Noone from Hermins Hermits, Randy Bachman, Tal Bachman, Rick Derringer, Mary Wilson (of the "Supremes") and I met Josh Kelly at a Borders Books where he was doing a coffee house promo concert.

But my favorite story was one time I was driving down the interstate and saw a car over on the side of the road. There were these four guys with snow-white hair and long beards (one was even smoking a Mearcham Pipe) standing there looking helpless so I pulled over to see if I could help.

Turns out they were driving from OHare airport to Midway airport and their rental car (mini-van) broke down. I had an old "family truckster" station wagon at the time and offered to give them a lift. Then I noticed the guitar, mandolin and violin cases. Turns out they were the surviving members of "The Crickets" - Buddy Holly's old backing band. They were touring around playing rockabilly and blue grass concerts at bars and clubs. They were really great guys and gave me a nice autorgraphed photo.

I've met Hugh Dillon and some other guy from the Headstones - Canadian Punk.

I was the film teacher to Goo Goo Dolls lead singer's nephew. Cute kid, could see the resemblance. But that's a degre of separation

I"m sure there's others as I tool around things in NY, but none that really stand out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast