+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What's your secret musical pleasure

MRD

What's your secret musical pleasure

Got into a long musical discussion with friends last night and while we talked about a lot of really good and varied music, we got around to talking about what is the one band or singer or group that you don't want anyone else to know you listen too?

Before I could even answer it, my husband blurted it out for me.

I love all kinds of music, but rock is my favorite and The Rolling Stones are my very favorite band.

But when I'm alone, sometimes I listen to John Denver. And my family teases me mercilessly about it. I also like Disco era Bee Gees. Jive Talking came on the radio the other day and I was so thrilled. But I would have changed the radio station had anyone else been in the car with me.
    But I really love some John Denver songs. And they make both my husband and daughter groan when they catch me listening to him.

So who do you listen to that is your secret you wouldn't normally let out?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: What's your secret musical pleasure

I like John Denver, too As I get older, I'm less shy about letting my views be known but it took a while before I started telling people about my affinity for opera.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Wow ...I love John Denver AND the BeeGees but I didn't know I was supposed to keep it a secret!
    Remember JoAnn Castle, the ragtime piano player from the Lawrence Welk Show? Love her and have a CD of her music ...ssshhhh.

There is nothing wrong with John Denver or the Bee Gees. *folds arms* John Denver wrote some beautiful songs, and I sing "I Started a Joke" in karaoke whenever I get the chance.

Some people would probably poke fun at me for listening to Kraftwerk, but it's awesome, and they're wrong and I'm right. So it doesn't bother me.

I also really like Oingo Boingo, Danny Elfman's old band from the '80s. I believe some magazine put their album "Dead Man's Party" on their list of the five worst albums of all time.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 11-01-2007 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Sure, me use words good

MRD

Now see, my husband argues that the Bee Gees before Disco were worth listening too. I love I started a joke.

But he says once they "sold out to Disco" they weren't worth listening too.

I like both the old stuff and the Disco stuff.

Well, I've been teased so much about my John Denver CD's that I now feel like I must go in hiding.
    Glad to hear others like him too. I don't feel like such a nerd now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I liked the Bee Gees before, during, & after disco. They have always done great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2634710;

But when I'm alone, sometimes I listen to John Denver. And my family teases me mercilessly about it. I also like Disco era Bee Gees. Jive Talking came on the radio the other day and I was so thrilled. But I would have changed the radio station had anyone else been in the car with me.
    But I really love some John Denver songs. And they make both my husband and daughter groan when they catch me listening to him.

So who do you listen to that is your secret you wouldn't normally let out?
    My internet has been out at home since Friday so I've been playing solitaire. I swear you just listed my music catalog I listened to last night. I listened to John Denver, Bee Gee's and...get ready... Aqua. *really hangs head in shame* I also love the soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans which I listen to often at home but am not exactly cranking in my car.

Manny- I love Kraftwerk! Who else can make an album about the Tour De France and make it funky and fun?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie

The SPICE GIRLS

Im sorry but i hear one of their songs and i just cant stop singing it for the rest of teh day and thet are great at parties!

Ok, so I totally love John Denver and that doesn't embarrass me in the slightest. I even have the four disc greatest hits compilation.

I never confess this in public, so far only my siblings know that I listen to the Backstreet Boys. And I like them. If there was an indignant smiley available, I'd use it.

I like John Denver and the Bee Gees too!

My secret musical pleasure would have to be listening to David Cassidy and the Partridge Family. You'd be amazed at how great the songs are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast