+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worse Than The Original

Worse Than The Original

So, we have a Better than the original thread, now how about remakes that were an insult to the original?

Top of my list would have to be 'Drift Away' by Uncle Kracker.
    Letting Dobie Grey join him on vocals and having him pop up in the video was not sufficient recompense for what he did to that song. (although admittedly Grey didn't do the original it's still his song in my eyes)

I also despise Sheryl Crow's version of The First Cut is the Deepest.

Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes.
    Sixpence None The Richer- There She Goes.
    No Doubt - It's My Life.
    Killing Me Softly - The Fugees. (Ditch the chit chat and it's a decent enough remake, imo)
    Emotion - Destiny's Child.
    Madonna - America Pie.
    Avril Lavigne - Knocking On Heaven's Door.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-04-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Worse Than The Original

Madonna: American Pie *oh, holy crap*

Guns & Roses: Knocking on Heaven's Door *my ears, my bleeding ears*

Olivia Newton-John: If Not For You I'm sure that someone, somewhere can do a better than the original version, but not her

Anne Murray: Fever *shudder*
    Last edited by Rattus; 10-04-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

LG.

Britney Spears - My Prerogative. *shudder*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Premium Member

Oh my, what a depressing thread this will be...

Right now, I am totally hating, HATING I say, (need a stronger word, hehe) that remake of "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" by Mark Ronson feat. Daniel Merriweather.

Argh! What a way to kill a classic by The Smiths. I mean, I suppose if you're going to totally ruin a song, might as well do it decisively. In which case, he totally succeeded.

And great, now I have to leave this thread never to visit again, lest it remind me of this craptacular song, hehe.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Avril Lavigne absolutely ruined "Imagine" on that Instant Karma cd. In fact, most of the John Lennon covers on that cd were pretty bad.

MRD

Brittany Spears-Satisfaction. Just the whole things is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would be spinning in their graves if they were dead. They probably spun somewhere after hearing that one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, fluff, I love Unkle Kracker's "Drift Away." I love the original more, but I like the little bit o' sass that Kracker adds.

Britney Spears is a running cover joke. I'd nominate her version of "I Love Rock n Roll", too.

Who can forget William Shatner's disaster of "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds"?

Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child Of Mine"

Didn't the GooGoo Dolls (?) just do "Darling Nikki"? ACK!

eta: Just thought of another... both White Lion and U2 have remade "Radar Love." Both bands should be SHOT for messing with a Golden Earring classic!
    Last edited by Broadway; 10-05-2007 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2600117;
    eta: Just thought of another... both White Lion and U2 have remade "Radar Love." Both bands should be SHOT for messing with a Golden Earring classic!
    Really? I wasn't aware that it had been covered, but you are absolutely right. Radar Love is a song perfect unto itself. I've always felt that way about American Pie as well, which is why it topped my list of crappy covers (the fact that it was Madonna who did made it all just a little more horrible).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2600108;
    Brittany Spears-Satisfaction. Just the whole things is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would be spinning in their graves if they were dead. They probably spun somewhere after hearing that one.
    Are you telling me that Keith Richards is still alive? I would imagine that once he does depart that he will be a more lively looking corpse than he is as a walking around human.

As to worse remakes, I have to say Aerosmiths Come Together didn't come close to The Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2600182;
    As to worse remakes, I have to say Aerosmiths Come Together didn't come close to The Beatles.
    And speaking Aerosmith, how 'bout their version of Mother Popcorn? All I can say is, yikes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast