+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Worse Than The Original

  1. #11
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,483

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    Can't stand that stupid remake of Bryan Adam's Heaven. I don't know who did it, but it sucks.

    I agree with Broadway regarding Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child Of Mine".

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    I usually fail to see the reason for making a remake of a perfectly good song. But that's just me.

  3. #13
    Premium Member burntbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,307

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    Somebody recently remade The Cure's "Love Song" but I don't know who. It's stupid. The music sounds the same but the vocals lack the Robert Smith treatment so BOOOO!!!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

  4. #14
    FORT Fanatic mrs. tino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Age
    26
    Posts
    421

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2601066;
    Somebody recently remade The Cure's "Love Song" but I don't know who. It's stupid. The music sounds the same but the vocals lack the Robert Smith treatment so BOOOO!!!
    Are you talking about the 311 version? I agree that it was definitely not as good as the Cure's.

  5. #15
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2600230;
    Can't stand that stupid remake of Bryan Adam's Heaven. I don't know who did it, but it sucks.

    I agree with Broadway regarding Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child Of Mine".
    I think the Heaven remake might be by Nicki French.
    Heaven set to a disco beat, horrible.
    She also remade Total Eclipse of the Heart which was equally as terrible.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #16
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    I just heard a cover of I'll Melt with You. No cover of that song is ever good enough, nor ever will be.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    If you haven't heard remake of the AC DC song You Shook Me All Night Long that Big & Rich has on their new album, I suggest you search it out. Talk about a radical departure, you're either going to like it a lot or shake your head & wonder "what the hell." That's why I'm putting this post in the Best & Worst threads at the same time. I hope the mods don't delete one of them, cause this really is a fence sitter.

  8. #18
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2601552;
    If you haven't heard remake of the AC DC song You Shook Me All Night Long that Big & Rich has on their new album, I suggest you search it out. Talk about a radical departure, you're either going to like it a lot or shake your head & wonder "what the hell." That's why I'm putting this post in the Best & Worst threads at the same time. I hope the mods don't delete one of them, cause this really is a fence sitter.
    I'm in the 'it's worse' category. I don't like this remake at all. I wanted to like it, but it just did not turn out well. I think they would have been better off leaving this song alone.

  9. #19
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2601269;
    I just heard a cover of I'll Melt with You. No cover of that song is ever good enough, nor ever will be.
    was it the Bowling For Soup remake? If so, I just heard it last weekend too because it's on the soundtrack for Sky High. Yes, kids movies, I live the party life. It's no Modern English.

    And any remake of the Cure - terrible. You're no Robert Smith! Bah!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422

    Re: Worse Than The Original

    For me Eric Clapton dissed himself when he remade Layla into a slow accoustic song. Give me the screaming, slide guitar of Duane Allman version anytime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.