+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worse Than The Original

Re: Worse Than The Original

Can't stand that stupid remake of Bryan Adam's Heaven. I don't know who did it, but it sucks.

I agree with Broadway regarding Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child Of Mine".

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I usually fail to see the reason for making a remake of a perfectly good song. But that's just me.

Somebody recently remade The Cure's "Love Song" but I don't know who. It's stupid. The music sounds the same but the vocals lack the Robert Smith treatment so BOOOO!!!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2601066;
    Somebody recently remade The Cure's "Love Song" but I don't know who. It's stupid. The music sounds the same but the vocals lack the Robert Smith treatment so BOOOO!!!
    Are you talking about the 311 version? I agree that it was definitely not as good as the Cure's.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2600230;
    Can't stand that stupid remake of Bryan Adam's Heaven. I don't know who did it, but it sucks.

I agree with Broadway regarding Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child Of Mine".
    I think the Heaven remake might be by Nicki French.
    Heaven set to a disco beat, horrible.
    She also remade Total Eclipse of the Heart which was equally as terrible.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I just heard a cover of I'll Melt with You. No cover of that song is ever good enough, nor ever will be.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

If you haven't heard remake of the AC DC song You Shook Me All Night Long that Big & Rich has on their new album, I suggest you search it out. Talk about a radical departure, you're either going to like it a lot or shake your head & wonder "what the hell." That's why I'm putting this post in the Best & Worst threads at the same time. I hope the mods don't delete one of them, cause this really is a fence sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2601552;
    If you haven't heard remake of the AC DC song You Shook Me All Night Long that Big & Rich has on their new album, I suggest you search it out. Talk about a radical departure, you're either going to like it a lot or shake your head & wonder "what the hell." That's why I'm putting this post in the Best & Worst threads at the same time. I hope the mods don't delete one of them, cause this really is a fence sitter.
    I'm in the 'it's worse' category. I don't like this remake at all. I wanted to like it, but it just did not turn out well. I think they would have been better off leaving this song alone.

LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2601269;
    I just heard a cover of I'll Melt with You. No cover of that song is ever good enough, nor ever will be.
    was it the Bowling For Soup remake? If so, I just heard it last weekend too because it's on the soundtrack for Sky High. Yes, kids movies, I live the party life. It's no Modern English.

And any remake of the Cure - terrible. You're no Robert Smith! Bah!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

For me Eric Clapton dissed himself when he remade Layla into a slow accoustic song. Give me the screaming, slide guitar of Duane Allman version anytime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast