+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help with Friends songs and birthday songs

MRD

Re: Need Help with Friends songs and birthday songs

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2545808;
    Wow, MRD that is so imaginative! I love it! Your friend will surely laugh and think it a very special gift. You forgot "Touch of Grey" on the song list though, so don't forget to leave it off the cd!
    I did catch that and fixed it. Thanks.

Thanks so much for thinking it was imaginative. I was trying to come up with something unique and special and not the standard, 40 years old, over the hill stuff. This was a lot of fun and I think she will like it a lot.

Now I've inspired my daughter to work on one for her friend's 16th birthday.

I'll let everyone know how it was received.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2545799;
    OK, I came up with 14 songs for my friends birthday and I designed an cover for the CD case and I wrote this little "thing" to go with it. Let me know what you think. The song titles or paraphrases of them are in bold. She loves Margarita's and the You can leave your hat on is a long standing inside joke between us. I think it should be a lot of fun for her. And at MY 40th birthday she played Girls Just Want to have fun about 2000 times, so that's a get back at her on hers.

Heres the songs
    1. Today's your birthday - The Beatles
    2. A Pirate Looks at 40-Jimmy Buffett
    3. Girls Just Want to Have Fun-Cyndi Lauper
    4. Margaritaville-Jimmy Buffett
    5.When I'm 64-The Beatles
    6. Shape I'm In-The Band
    7.Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger
    8. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
    9.Dust in the Wind-Kansas
    10. Forever Young-Rod Stewart
    11.You Can Leave Your Hat On - Joe Cocker
    12.Growing Older But Not Up - Jimmy Buffett
    13.You Wear it Well - Rod Stewart

Today is Your Birthday and while you may not be a Pirate Looking at Forty, you certainly are a Girl Wanting to Have Fun in Margaritaville. So When You’re 64 you can look back and see that the Shape Your In is because of all that Old Time Rock and Roll.
    And while this is a Landslide birthday, just remember that you are not Dust in the Wind yet, but Forever Young. Just remember to Leave Your Hat On and father time won’t recognize you. So while you may be Growing Older, but not Up with a Touch of Grey, you still Wear it Well.
    Tony Tiger that one, myrosiedog! That is Gggrrrrrreeaaattttt!! Your friend is going to love it!

When I turned forty, I was jammin' to Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll"!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2546472;
    Tony Tiger that one, myrosiedog! That is Gggrrrrrreeaaattttt!! Your friend is going to love it!

When I turned forty, I was jammin' to Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll"!
    2 friends from high school have a pretty good bar band (with some other musicians) and for my 40th, we went there and the band sang Happy Birthday to me in front of the entire bar and restaurant clientele and did "Satisfaction" for me too. Except for being chased around the bar by the lead singers highly inebriated girlfriend, it was a pretty cool night.
    And we are planning to go back there for my friend's upcoming 40th. Fortunately that singer's girlfriend is history. I can't wait to give her (my friend, not the drunk girlfriend) the CD. I had a lot of fun with it and my daughter did a really good one for her friend's 16th, but don't ask me the songs as I didn't recognize a single one of the ones she used. In fact, I had to ask "these are songs?" Yes, I feel ancient!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12