+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unheard jazz

FORT Newbie

unheard jazz

it seems like nobody cares about jazz music anymore. they think its all about rap and pop rock or whatever but without jazz and legends like Ella Fitzgerald there would be no modern music scene. thats why i dig this Ella Fitzgerald album that just came out called "Love Letters From Ella". It has some collaborations with Count Basie and the London Symphony Orchestra. it sounds great too because its in hi-def audio. do yourselves a favor and check it out sometime.

-john, umg

MRD

Re: unheard jazz

Quote Originally Posted by john66mustang;2543823;
    it seems like nobody cares about jazz music anymore. they think its all about rap and pop rock or whatever but without jazz and legends like Ella Fitzgerald there would be no modern music scene. thats why i dig this Ella Fitzgerald album that just came out called "Love Letters From Ella". It has some collaborations with Count Basie and the London Symphony Orchestra. it sounds great too because its in hi-def audio. do yourselves a favor and check it out sometime.

-john, umg
    It's a great album. I LOVE jazz (and a lot of other forms of music, but I listen to jazz daily)

We were lucky enough to run across a big band playing downtown last night. Just a group of regular (and young) guys playing for tips. They were Awesome. Played both dixieland and big band swing/jazz. And they really got into it. Lots of brass and the trombone guys were getting some moves in there too. This is what I miss. Jazz bands on the street. Reminds me of New Orleans.

I have my parents to thank for introducing me to Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker and Dave Brubeck. I inherited some good albums from my parents.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread