+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Van Halen Reunion Tour

August 13, 2007, 2:15 PM ET

Mitchell Peters, L.A.
    The first leg of Van Halen's long-awaited reunion tour with frontman David Lee Roth will kick off Sept. 27 in Charlotte, N.C., and run through Dec. 11 in Calgary, Alberta. Tickets for the trek, which is in the process of being announced at a Los Angeles media gathering, go on sale beginning Saturday (Aug. 18) via LiveNation.com.

A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group, first tipped here in late January, never got off the ground, with guitarist Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.

Roth has not toured with the act in more than two decades; the bass spot formerly occupied by Michael Anthony will be filled by Eddie Van Halen's teenage son, Wolfgang.

Stay tuned to Billboard.com for more Van Halen details.

Here are Van Halen's tour dates:

Sept. 27: Charlotte, N.C. (Bobcats Arena)
    Sept. 29: Greensboro, N.C. (Coliseum)
    Oct. 1: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
    Oct. 7: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
    Oct. 10: Cleveland (Quicken Loans Arena)
    Oct. 14: Indianapolis (Conseco Fieldhouse)
    Oct. 16: Chicago (Allstate Arena)
    Oct. 18: Chicago (United Center)
    Oct. 22: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    Oct. 24: Minneapolis (Target Center)
    Oct. 26: Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)
    Oct. 28: St. Louis (Scottrade Center)
    Oct. 30: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)
    Nov. 3: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)
    Nov. 13: New York (Madison Square Garden)
    Nov. 20: Los Angeles (Staples Center)
    Nov. 23: Glendale, Ariz. (Jobing.com Arena)
    Nov. 25: San Diego (Cox Arena)
    Nov. 27: Sacramento, Calif. (Arco Arena)
    Nov. 29: San Jose, Calif. (HP Pavilion)
    Dec. 1: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)
    Dec. 3: Seattle (Key Arena)
    Dec. 5: Vancouver (GM Place)
    Dec. 9: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Palace)
    Dec. 11: Calgary, Alberta (Pengrowth Saddledome)

Van Halen Tour Kicking Off In Late September
    Wake up and be awesome

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

I have been in heavy mourning today since finding out that one of my favorite bands of all time will not even be coming anywhere remotely around me.....hey Van Halen, what's up with avoiding the deep South???? No Atlanta, no Nashville, no Memphis..nothing in Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee....I am so NOT a happy camper Diamond Dave....

My heart has been broken into a million pieces

Hey, at least I know they are coming near BoBoFan so maybe she'll get lucky and get to go......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well bbnbama, not all hope is lost. Those tour dates are just the first leg of a two leg tour. I'll be seeing the show in Philadelphia, and I'm hoping they stop in Pittsburgh on the second leg.
    Wake up and be awesome

I thought the same thing bbnbama but I'm holding out hope for the second leg. They've just got to come south!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member

Cool! Maybe I can catch them in Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2524948;
    I have been in heavy mourning today since finding out that one of my favorite bands of all time will not even be coming anywhere remotely around me.....hey Van Halen, what's up with avoiding the deep South???? No Atlanta, no Nashville, no Memphis..nothing in Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee....I am so NOT a happy camper Diamond Dave....

My heart has been broken into a million pieces

Hey, at least I know they are coming near BoBoFan so maybe she'll get lucky and get to go......
    I can't believe they're not coming anywhere close to you bbnbama! Maybe they will add more dates later like they did on the last tour, so don't give up yet.
    The last tour actually kicked off in Greensboro. This time Charlotte gets it started, and we're stop # 2! This is the best news ever!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2524980;
    Well bbnbama, not all hope is lost. Those tour dates are just the first leg of a two leg tour. I'll be seeing the show in Philadelphia, and I'm hoping they stop in Pittsburgh on the second leg.
    Yeah, I know this is the first leg but we all know how those crazy guys can be...get pissed at each other and cancel the 2nd leg of the tour stuff!

I was moping around the house last night fussing about not getting to see them and I must've looked like I needed a hug because my son came up and gave me one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2525411;
    Yeah, I know this is the first leg but we all know how those crazy guys can be...get pissed at each other and cancel the 2nd leg of the tour stuff!

I was moping around the house last night fussing about not getting to see them and I must've looked like I needed a hug because my son came up and gave me one!
    You are right about that. They will probably play for 2 weeks and David Lee Roth will quit and Eddie will go back to rehab and Eddie's son will realize he's only 14 (or however old he is) and shouldn't be on tour with a major rock band.

I saw the tour 3 years ago when Sammy Hagar was with them and it was excellent. I'm quite excited about this one.

I hope you get a chance to see them! Here's one from me, too!
    Wake up and be awesome

They ARE coming to my city, but I'm not shelling out $200 per ticket (the prices were announced this morning). I saw David Lee Roth a long time ago on a solo tour 20 years ago, I believe...God, I'm old and I'll be content with my memories of that.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2525577;
    They ARE coming to my city, but I'm not shelling out $200 per ticket (the prices were announced this morning). I saw David Lee Roth a long time ago on a solo tour 20 years ago, I believe...God, I'm old and I'll be content with my memories of that.
    I checked back in here to see if anyone had any Ticket Prices posted and I hear ya AJane! I'm seeing $149.50, 79.50 and 59.50 (nose bleed section!)
    I paid 96.00 per ticket for the 2004 Tour and that was painful, however the show made me forget about the ticket price.

149.50 & up is a little outta my ballpark zone. I need to win the lottery!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast