+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

I have AT&T service on my cell... Let's go shopping!

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - VAN HALEN: Official Ringtones Available

VAN HALEN: Official Ringtones Available - Nov. 26, 2007

On the heels of its heralded North American tour, VAN HALEN has announced the release of official ringtones and ringback tones for the first time. Among the 15 official VAN HALEN ringers available are the Grammy-nominated, #1 smash hit "Jump", one of the most famous guitar solos of all time "Eruption", and the iconic rock classics "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love", "Runnin' With The Devil", "Jamie's Cryin'", "Unchained", "Panama" and "Hot For Teacher". VAN HALEN ringtones are available now by searching "Van Halen" on mobile phones from all major carriers or by sending the text message "VH" to 74466. For the next four weeks, AT&T Mobility will be offering exclusive versions of several of the VAN HALEN ringtones and answer tones to their subscribers.

VAN HALEN redefined rock 'n' roll in the late '70s and early '80s and is arguably one of the greatest bands of all time. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year and have sold more than 75 million records worldwide. VAN HALEN is one of only seven bands in history that have released two albums that sold more than 10 million copies each.

VAN HALEN official ringtones:

"Runnin' With The Devil"
    "Eruption"
    "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"
    "Jamie's Cryin'"
    "Dance The Night Away"
    "Somebody Get Me A Doctor"
    "Beautiful Girls"
    "And The Cradle Will Rock"
    "Everybody Wants Some"
    "Mean Street"
    "Unchained"
    "So This Is Love?"
    "Jump"
    "Panama"
    "Hot For Teacher"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Finally!! I always searched for Van Halen on Verizon's Ringtone applicaiton and never got anything.

It looks like all carriers will have the tones with AT&T having special ones?
    Wake up and be awesome

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that makes me happy
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2704922;
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that makes me happy
    I knew it would bbnbama

I bought "Unchained" & "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love"
    Will probably get a few more before the promotion ends.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I bought my Van Halen tickets yesterday for the show in Pittsburgh in March!
    Wake up and be awesome

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2712342;
    Oh great! Another fellow FORTer I am jealous of.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2712342;
    Wtg Ashley! Enjoy!

My husband, daughter and I were away this weekend (3-night cruise), so I had to count on my best friend to order tickets for me when they went on sale on Saturday. Luckily she came through ~ I just logged into my Ticketmaster account and saw that we ended up with pretty good seats for the show in February in Ft. Lauderdale.

Broken pipe snarls Coldwater Canyon - Los Angeles Times

Broken pipe snarls Coldwater Canyon
    By Susannah Rosenblatt, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    8:15 AM PST, December 10, 2007

The water main break prompts two Studio City arteries to shut down. Officials hope to have the debris-laden roads cleared before the afternoon commute.
    By Susannah Rosenblatt, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    8:15 AM PST, December 10, 2007
    A broken water main flooded Coldwater Canyon Avenue at Mulholland Drive early this morning, cutting off two key Studio City arteries and sending water and debris gushing across rocker Eddie Van Halen's yard, officials said.

An air valve on an 8-inch water main broke before 1 a.m. this morning, shutting down Coldwater Canyon between Ventura Boulevard and Mulholland Drive and blocking Mulholland from Coldwater Canyon to Benedict Canyon Drive, Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Cecil Manresa said. At one point, water pouring from the break ran all the way to Ventura Boulevard, about two miles away.

Department of Water and Power workers fixed the break by 7:45 a.m. and water was flowing normally again, DWP spokeswoman Terry Schneider said. The debris-covered roads, however, were still blocked and Schneider said she was uncertain how long cleanup efforts would take. Soil erosion from recent heavy rains was likely the reason for the valve failure, Schneider said.

Manresa said the water main break had already made for a difficult morning drive.

"It definitely will impact the morning commute," he said. "A lot of people take Coldwater south from the Valley." Manresa expected motorists to pack Laurel Canyon Boulevard as an alternative route.

Van Halen's front gate, swimming pool and wall were swamped by mud and debris, Manresa said, although firefighters sandbagged his home to prevent property damage. The legendary guitarist's home was the only residence affected by the flood, Manresa said.

This year, after more than two decades, Eddie Van Halen and his brother Alex, together with Eddie's son Wolfgang, reunited with original singer David Lee Roth who quit the band in 1985.

Buses carrying Harvard-Westlake students are only arriving from north of the private North Hollywood school on Coldwater Canyon, Manresa said. Residents also may only travel northbound on Coldwater Canyon.
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 12-10-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Eddie Van Halen's Pool of Mud

Eddie Van Halen's Pool of Mud
    By Jane Ivory
    11:50, December 11th 2007

Veteran rocker Eddie Van Halen returned from touring in Canada to his Hollywood Hills home in Los Angeles Monday only to find his backyard and pool flooded with mud and debris caused by a broken water main.

The rock guitarist could have come home to find an even bigger disaster but fortunately, it is only his backyard and pool that suffered from the deluge.

“You're tired, you're beat up, you come back to find your backyard completely wasted,” Van Halen’s publicist and live-in girlfriend, Janie Liszewski, told the Los Angeles Times.

She also told the paper that the guitarist’s reaction when he set eyes on his property was, “Where's the pool?”

“The pool, I don't even know how to describe it. It's non-existent. It's mud,” she said.

Liszewski added that the potted plants and trees were greatly damaged but that firefighters fortunately prevented the muddy destruction from reaching the house.

Van Halen's residence was the only one affected by the deluge. Firefighters prevented the water from entering the house by placing sandbags around the construction.

The flood was apparently caused by an air valve on the water main that broke. The paper cited a Department of Water and Power spokesman explaining that soil erosion from recent heavy rains was a possible reason for the valve failure.

Van Halen, 52, had been in Edmonton, Alberta, with his band mates, brother Alex Van Halen, 16-year-old son Wolfgang Van Halen and original lead vocalist David Lee Roth.

Van Halen announced their comeback this summer and promised to rock better than ever. The four members embarked on their reunion tour in late September and have enjoyed sold-out shows and great reviews so far.

The ever-flamboyant Roth said this summer that this tour would be only the beginning. “It's not like the Police - we're not going to do one tour,” Roth said. “The idea is that it will continue on and on. This is not a reunion - this is a new band.”

+ Reply to Thread