+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Pic of them from their press conference........

Valerie Bertinelli a 'Proud Momma' at Van Halen Reunion

Van Halen held a press conference Monday to announce that they're finally hitting the road with their newest member, 16-year-old Wolfgang Van Halen.

And cheering him on was his biggest fan: his mother, Valerie Bertinelli.

"That's my job now to be the proud momma and I am," says Bertinelli, who snapped photos of her son, whom she calls Wolfie, as he stood next to his father Eddie Van Halen on a small stage at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. They were joined by drummer Alex Van Halen and David Lee Roth, who is back as lead singer.

Van Halen kicks off their fall tour September 27 in Charlotte, N.C., the first time Roth has toured with the band in 22 years.

Wolfie is replacing bassist Michael Anthony, and Bertinelli isn't worried that he might develop rock star habits.

"His father will be with him the entire time," she says. "I'll be out there a lot. Ed is the best father Wolfie could have. It's all going to be just fine."

Wolfie has gotten the message. During the press conference, he noted his mother will be "watching me closely."

Link Here
    Last edited by bbnbama; 08-19-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

^^^ Ladies and gentlemen.....the new Van Halen!

lei
    FORT Fogey

That's a cute picture. They look so happy! I hope they have a great tour.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2535878;
    That's a cute picture. They look so happy! I hope they have a great tour.
    They look happy, for now. Just wait!

Rolling Stone : Tales From Van Halen’s Reunion Rehearsals: David Lee Roth Pals Around With Eddie Van Halen, Wolfgang Sings

9/10/07, 4:43 pm EST

Tales From Van Halen’s Reunion Rehearsals:
    David Lee Roth Pals Around With Eddie Van Halen, Wolfgang Sings

In an epically long post on Blabbermouth taken from the Yahoo! Van Halen list, a fan recounts their experience at a Van Halen reunion-tour rehearsal in Los Angeles that allegedly took place this weekend. The fan didn’t cough up a location for the rehearsal, though rumors place it at the Los Angeles Forum. Who knows if this account is legit, but if it’s a hoax, it sure is one detailed piece of fan fiction. Plus: There are photos! Here are our favorite bits:

“Eddie was the first to arrive, and very shortly after that, Wolfgang [Van Halen, bass] and Alex [Van Halen, drums]. Valerie [Bertinelli, Eddie Van Halen’s ex-wife and mother of Wolfgang] was with Wolf as were about five of his friends from school, I’m guessing. (They all looked the same age.) Alex and Ed spent about 15 minutes on stage noodling while Wolfie was showing his friends the venue. The three of them then met on stage and Eddie said into the P.A., ‘We’re not opening with it, but let’s play ‘I’m The One’ just to warm up. And that they did.”
    “When Dave did show up, right from the start, he was all smiles. He was dressed in tight, flared out leather pants and a black/striped dress shirt. Dave addressed the crowd and treated us as if we were guests in his arena sized house. He thanked us for coming and talked about how excited he was to be here and what a ‘privilege and honor’ it was to play with his ‘bruthas from another mutha.’”
    “The show started with ‘You Really Got Me’. Dave was standing on the high part of the stage above Alex waving a giant red flag as the show began. Then he threw the flag down, and for the first time in over 22 years, David Lee Roth sang on stage with Eddie Van Halen.”
    “Wolfgang did a fine job, even providing decent sounding backup vocals. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that Michael Anthony was missed. While Wolf competently filled the position, he doesn’t have the same sound, either in his playing or in his voice, as Michael. … I do have to say though, it’s obvious how much Ed loves playing with Wolfgang. He would be all smiles when he walked over to Wolfie and after one song, stepped up to the P.A. and said, ‘Great job, Wolf. Great.’”
    “The great thrill of the show was seeing Dave and Ed interact. If there’s any animosity between them, it didn’t show at all. Both were constantly smiling, and Dave often did the schtick where he holds his mic to Ed’s guitar during a solo while he looks at the crowd, open mouthed in astonishment. That’s not to say that Dave didn’t get pissed, however. He was standing out by the far tail of the ‘S’ runway when, in the middle of a song, he yelled at the soundboard crew with intense anger, ‘TURN THE ******* VOCALS UP! Don’t make me ask you again!’ I turned to Ed to see his reaction, thinking he would be pissed at Dave’s behavior, but incredibly, Ed just smiled even wider. As Dave walked past him returning to the stage, they did a mini-hi-five, low and behind each other’s back. I don’t know what it meant. I’m guessing it’s one of those things that only makes sense to two people who have known each other for decades.”

Songs that were performed (this list is not in order)
    You Really Got Me
    Romeo Delight
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    I’m The One
    Mean Street
    Unchained
    Pretty Woman
    Dance The Night Away
    Ice Cream Man
    Beautiful Girls
    [Guitar Solo]
    So This Is Love?
    And The Cradle Will Rock
    Everybody Wants Some
    I’ll Wait
    Runnin’ With The Devil
    Little Guitars
    Jamie’s Cryin’
    Atomic Punk
    Feel Your Love Tonight
    Little Dreamer
    Panama
    Hot For Teacher
    Ain’t Talkin’ ‘About Love

Encore:
    Jump

Can I say again how incredibly jealous I am of you BoBoFan that you are going to get to see them?? I'm happy for you but man, I am one jealous wench!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2575990;
    Can I say again how incredibly jealous I am of you BoBoFan that you are going to get to see them?? I'm happy for you but man, I am one jealous wench!
    Oh bbnbama, I wish you could go!! I'm gonna try to enjoy myself! Me & my honey broke up 4 days after I bought the tickets and I'm going with someone else (JUST to keep me from eating his damn ticket.)

I guess I'll be making my way to the Beer wagon & dancin' my butt off...
    The company is so-so at best!

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2576107;
    Oh bbnbama, I wish you could go!! I'm gonna try to enjoy myself! Me & my honey broke up 4 days after I bought the tickets and I'm going with someone else (JUST to keep me from eating his damn ticket.)

I guess I'll be making my way to the Beer wagon & dancin' my butt off...
    The company is so-so at best!
    I'm sorry to hear about you and the honey breaking up

To hell with the company..you'll have Diamond Dave to keep you company!

Thank You bbnbama!
    Diamond Dave & Eddie on that Guitar - whew, I hear ya bama, how could I possibly go wrong!

Counting down the days yet BoBoFan????

I heard Ace & TJ (syndicated DJ's out of NC) talking this morning about Van Halen and they were going to try and find some way to talk to them!

I'm counting on you to provide lots of details......

+ Reply to Thread