+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

FORT Newbie

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

I can't wait for them to head out my way. Nose bleed or not, I have to see them before I don't get the chance again.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I would gladly pay the $200 to see Diamond Dave and Van Halen again and relive my youth! I'd bust my ass selling stuff on eBay to make the extra money if I had to! I had said I wanted to take my son to see them but I don't know that I could cut the $400....

razor I still have alot of my ticket stubs too and I've got my VH ticket from the 80's where I paid $17.50 for general admission...probably paid around the same amount for a t-shirt (of which I still have packed up at my mom's house!).

I think the most I have paid for a concert ticket was $100 for Elton John and it was well worth the price!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

If they have a venue in San Antonio, yes I'll be there!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2525839;
    Well I'm not surprised, but am still disappointed, that Hawaii is not on the first leg (and probably won't be on a later leg, either.)

Though with ticket prices, plus airline tickets, rental car, etc, at least we're gonna save money we can't afford to spend.

Back in the 70's concert tickets were like $8.50 for orchestra and $5.50 for nosebleed. I understand there's been inflation but concerts have been way out of line!

But it should be a really fun show! Enjoy, those of you who will get to go!
    Those prices are INSANE! First concert I ever saw was in 1978 and I paid $6.50 for a ticket.
    First time I saw Van Halen was in 1981 and they opened for the Stones and the tickets were only $25 and we thought those prices were INSANE.
    And it was festival seating. I don't think I went to a reserved seat concert until at least the mid 80's.

Stones tickets 2 years ago were $400 for floor seats.

I love concerts, but geez, those prices are outrageous.

VH is opening in Charlotte which is only 90 min. from me, but I am NOT paying those prices. Besides, I've seen them with both Roth and Hagar and I prefer to see Eddie as he used to look and not how he looks now.

ETA: Razorback, I have kept all my stubs too and the first concert I saw for the above mentioned $6.50 was for Molly Hatchet and Charley Daniels.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2526107;
    This tour is a disaster waiting to happen I hope they make it to Boston before killing Dave.
    I really don't like David Lee Roth. I'm sure the sparks will be flying.

FORT Newbie

Van Hagar?!?!?! VAN HAGAR!?!?!? Whuuuut??? Oh, no way! David Lee Roth was so much better! You're such an instigator. Look at what you've started!!!

David Lee Roth is a one-trick pony. Sammy Hagar actually has talent. Now, who's better with Van Halen, that's a tough one to choose. The band is so different with each frontman, and they both have their pros and cons.

But when it comes down to actual talent, Sammy's got it in spades over David.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've seen both Hagar and Diamond Dave with Van Halen and while Sammy was great...I prefer Diamond Dave....he entertains me, he makes me laugh and as a high schooler he made me have very naughty thoughts!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2528935;
    I've seen both Hagar and Diamond Dave with Van Halen and while Sammy was great...I prefer Diamond Dave....he entertains me, he makes me laugh and as a high schooler he made me have very naughty thoughts!
    We've shared many a crush, girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2528880;
    David Lee Roth is a one-trick pony. Sammy Hagar actually has talent. Now, who's better with Van Halen, that's a tough one to choose. The band is so different with each frontman, and they both have their pros and cons.

But when it comes down to actual talent, Sammy's got it in spades over David.
    GOD I Love Sammy too! The show in 2004 was so amazing that I can't begin to even explain it... It left me speechless & dying for more!
    The reason I'm checking in here right now is because, I'm actually borrowing 300 bucks so I can go to this show! I just have to be there and for me to miss this is not an option! I kinda feel like bbnbama... I'll absolutely cry if I miss this and with them coming here, there's just no excuse! I gotta go & come hell or high water, expensive or not, come Saturday morning I will have tickets!!! I will absolutely regret it if I don't go! I gotta get a T shirt too!

+ Reply to Thread