+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2525589;
    I checked back in here to see if anyone had any Ticket Prices posted and I hear ya AJane! I'm seeing $149.50, 79.50 and 59.50 (nose bleed section!)
    I paid 96.00 per ticket for the 2004 Tour and that was painful, however the show made me forget about the ticket price.

149.50 & up is a little outta my ballpark zone. I need to win the lottery!
    What? Are you kidding me with those ticket prices? Ugh. I don't really have that kind of money to spend on good concert tickets. I might have to buy the 59.50 and take my binoculars and oxygen tank.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2525595;
    What? Are you kidding me with those ticket prices? Ugh. I don't really have that kind of money to spend on good concert tickets. I might have to buy the 59.50 and take my binoculars and oxygen tank.
    Those are the prices I've seen.
    I knew they were gonna be expensive, but dang, I don't have that much money in the world right now. Not to mention, after you get in the place you just gotta buy a T Shirt (God, only knows how much that will cost) and then you know you gotta have a brew(s)... Sounds like an expensive ordeal, but oh how fun it will be if you can swing it! I might try to win some tickets, unless by some act of God I come across a pile of cash by Saturday. Yes, I love dreamin'!

Pollstar -- The Concert Hotwire

Opening act for all shows is: KyMani Marley, son of reggae legend Bob Marley.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Well I'm not surprised, but am still disappointed, that Hawaii is not on the first leg (and probably won't be on a later leg, either.)

Though with ticket prices, plus airline tickets, rental car, etc, at least we're gonna save money we can't afford to spend.

Back in the 70's concert tickets were like $8.50 for orchestra and $5.50 for nosebleed. I understand there's been inflation but concerts have been way out of line!

But it should be a really fun show! Enjoy, those of you who will get to go!

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2525839;
    Well I'm not surprised, but am still disappointed, that Hawaii is not on the first leg (and probably won't be on a later leg, either.)

Though with ticket prices, plus airline tickets, rental car, etc, at least we're gonna save money we can't afford to spend.

Back in the 70's concert tickets were like $8.50 for orchestra and $5.50 for nosebleed. I understand there's been inflation but concerts have been way out of line!

But it should be a really fun show! Enjoy, those of you who will get to go!
    I shamelessly keep ticket stubs, so I have proof of these prices, from the 70's:

Steven Stills & Elvin Bishop $5.00
    Eric Clapton & Charley Daniels $6.50
    ELP $5.00
    Jethro Tull $6.50
    Elton John at the Hollywood Bowl $5.50
    Pink Floyd $8.50
    The Who & Lynyrd Skynyrd $5.50
    Bob Dylan & The Band $7.50

And most shamlessly of all

The California Jam Arril 6 1974 $10.00
    Rare Earth
    Earth Wind & Fire
    Seals & Crofts
    The Eagles with Jackson Browne sitting in
    Black Oak Arkansas
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Emerson Lake & Palmer

The price of a godd time has definitely gone up.

Sorry to get off subject here, but Lei.. did you feel the earthquake this morning & are you all getting prepared for the hurricane? Double whammy.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2525394;
    I can't believe they're not coming anywhere close to you bbnbama! Maybe they will add more dates later like they did on the last tour, so don't give up yet.
    The last tour actually kicked off in Greensboro. This time Charlotte gets it started, and we're stop # 2! This is the best news ever!
    There's no way I'm paying that either. Oh well. I liked them better with Sammy Hagar anyway.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2525860;
    I shamelessly keep ticket stubs, so I have proof of these prices, from the 70's:....

....Sorry to get off subject here, but Lei.. did you feel the earthquake this morning & are you all getting prepared for the hurricane? Double whammy.
    Wow, great shows, razorbacker! I wish I'd kept all my stubs.

ELP for $5....that's like $1.67 per virtuoso!

Thanks for asking about the weather. We didn't feel the quake here on Maui, though we do sometimes feel the ones from the Big Island. Likewise the Big Isle is so far bearing the brunt of Flossie (I have some friends in bad areas but so far they're okay) and we're just waiting and watching. It is getting mighty gusty, though...

Oh and then there's a big wildfire on Oahu. Triple whammy!

Sorry to go even further off-subject but again I appreciate your inquiry.

Rock on, everyone!

JR.

This tour is a disaster waiting to happen I hope they make it to Boston before killing Dave.

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2526107;
    This tour is a disaster waiting to happen I hope they make it to Boston before killing Dave.

I'll second that one, JR. I'm not the biggest Van Halen fan, but I'd love to get tickets, just to see all my rocker friends grovel to me experience the band firsthand.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2526107;
    Lucky for me Philly is the 3rd stop. They should all still be alive and getting along.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast