+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Okay, I just have to say that I'm SUPER PISSED about this news. SUPER PISSED!!!!!!!!!

I have tickets to see Van Halen on March 21 in Pittsburgh. I have been trying not to let myself get too excited for it, but I am. Stay together for 3 more weeks. Please!

Gaaaaah.
    Wake up and be awesome

They were scheduled to play a show here tonight & I wanted to go, but I'm lacking the capital right now.

Guess it doesn't matter anymore at this point! I'd be pissed if I had bought tickets!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Well, MTV is reporting the tour is still on but a few shows are going to be rescheduled:

The reunited Van Halen have been forced to postpone four upcoming dates of their U.S. tour due to an unspecified medical condition affecting guitarist Eddie Van Halen. A statement issued by tour promoter Live Nation on Monday afternoon (March 3) explained that concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Raleigh, North Carolina, have been postponed and rescheduled for April.

"According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," read the release.

A Live Nation spokesperson could not elaborate on the medical condition that has sidelined the guitarist, whose stint in a rehab facility last fall delayed the long-awaited reunion with founding vocalist David Lee Roth.

Due to the medical issues, the show that was scheduled to take place Monday night at the American Airlines Center in Dallas has been rescheduled for April 24, Wednesday's show at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati will take place April 22, Friday's show at the RBC Center in Raleigh has been rescheduled for April 13, and Sunday's show at the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore has been bumped to April 15.

The Live Nation spokesperson said the tour is expected to pick up the previously scheduled dates beginning on March 11 in Charlottesville, Virginia, and, for now, no other dates have been affected. According to the band's Web site, the tour is currently slated to run through an April 19 date at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Van Halen Postpone Four Tour Dates - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News
    Wake up and be awesome

Van Halen scraps more shows amid mystery ailment | Entertainment | Reuters

Van Halen scraps more shows amid mystery ailment
    Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:16am EDT

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rock band Van Halen's reunion tour fell into disarray on Monday when it announced it would postpone all shows through April 19 while guitarist Eddie Van Halen undergoes tests for an unspecified medical condition.

The news came a week after the group postponed four shows for the same reason.

Seventeen shows are now affected, beginning Tuesday in Charlottesville, Va., and running through April 15 in Baltimore, which was one of the four postponed last week. The next scheduled show is set for April 19 in Las Vegas.

According to organizers, Van Halen, 53, who has battled cancer and substance abuse, "is currently under doctors' care" and will "continue medical tests to define a course of treatment." No further details were made available.

Fans are being asked to keep their tickets, which will be honored at makeup dates to be announced.

Van Halen returned to the road last fall with original lead singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 20-plus years. The tour, which features Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass in place of co-founder Michael Anthony, has routinely sold out North American arenas.

Reuters/Billboard

There goes my Van Halen Pittsburgh concert next Friday.
    Wake up and be awesome

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

OMG...I'm sooooo sorry Ashley....hang on to your tickets though...

I do wonder (and worry) about Eddie......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Van Halen reschedules tour dates | Entertainment | Music | Reuters

Van Halen reschedules tour dates

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:43pm EDT
    NEW YORK (Billboard) - Van Halen has rescheduled tour dates postponed this month when guitarist Eddie Van Halen was undergoing tests for an unspecified medical condition.
    The band will proceed on April 19 in Las Vegas and play 20 shows in all, with the last date set for June 2 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Tickets for the band's previously scheduled dates will be honored.

Van Halen returned to the road in fall 2007 with original lead singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 20-plus years. The tour, which features Eddie Van Halen's teenage son, Wolfgang, on bass, has routinely sold out North American arenas.

Van Halen's newly scheduled dates are:

Apr 19: Las Vegas (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Apr 22: Cincinnati (U.S. Bank Arena)

Apr 24: Dallas (American Airlines Center)

Apr 26: St Louis (Scottrade Center)

Apr 28: Milwaukee (Bradley Center)

Apr 30: Pittsburgh (Mellon Arena)

May 02: Charlottesville, Va. (John Paul Jones Arena)

May 05: Raleigh, N.C. (RBC Center)

May 07: Columbus, Ohio (Schottenstein Center)

May 09: Atlantic City, (N.J. Boardwalk Hall)

May 11: Duluth, Ga. (Gwinnett Arena)

May 13: East Rutherford, N.J. (Izod Center)

May 15: Baltimore, Md. (1st Mariner Arena)

May 18: Hershey, Pa. (Giant Center)

May 20: Uncasville, Conn. (Mohegan Sun Arena)

May 23: New York (Madison Square Garden)

May 25: Providence, R.I. (Dunkin Donuts Center)

May 28: Manchester, N.H. (Verizon Wireless Arena)

May 30: Chicago (Allstate Arena)

June 2: Grand Rapids, Mich. (Van Andel Arena)

Reuters/Billboard
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 03-19-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Well, I'm still not getting my hopes up that these dates will stick. The show I have tickets for is rescheduled for April 30. Grr. It's now on a Wednesday instead of a Friday. I hate concerts smack dab in the middle of the week.
    Wake up and be awesome

I'm going to see Van Hallen tonight!!

I'll let you know how it was!!
    Wake up and be awesome

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

OMG...now I get to be jealous of you!!! Have a great time..and details, details, details when you get back!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread