+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen Reunion Tour

Re: Van Halen Reunion Tour

bbnbama

Van Halen will be at Gwinnett Arena Duluth, Georgia 2.25.08...
    Is that too far for you to travel?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2739265;
    bbnbama

Van Halen will be at Gwinnett Arena Duluth, Georgia 2.25.08...
    Is that too far for you to travel?
    Yeah, its about 6 hours from me........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2742922;
    Yeah, its about 6 hours from me........
    Whoo Whoo
    So are you going? Goooooooo bbnbama!!
    I'm so happy... will be even more so if you go!!!

Roth and Van Halen make musical magic at AAC | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Arts & Entertainment

Roth and Van Halen make musical magic at AAC
    POP REVIEW: Reunited Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth ramp up the showmanship
    12:00 AM CST on Monday, January 28, 2008

By THOR CHRISTENSEN / The Dallas Morning News
    tchristensen@dallasnews.com

In the 23 years since David Lee Roth left Van Halen, it was easy to forget what a dynamic duo he and Eddie Van Halen made: hard rock's most lovable loon, paired with one of its most spectacular guitarists.

That old magic quickly came rushing back Saturday night as the band's reunion tour stopped at American Airlines Center. Mr. Roth decked out in sequins and top hat and looking like Tom Jones in Alice in Wonderland grinned from ear to ear as he jujitsu-kicked his way across stage and twirled his mike stand like it was a giant baton.
    Meanwhile, Mr. Van Halen let his fingers handle the showmanship. He's been through a lot through the years throat cancer, hip replacement, alcoholism but he still played with the same pyrotechnic swagger he had when he uncorked "Eruption" in '78.

Together, Mr. Roth and Mr. Van Halen ad-libbed the show's best moments. Four songs into the set, they rammed the Who's "Magic Bus" into "Romeo Delight" with brilliant results. Next, they jazzed up "Somebody Call Me a Doctor" with call-and-response blues (shades of Robert Plant and Jimmy Page) and jolted "Everybody Wants Some" with a bit where Mr. Roth imitated a car engine and Mr. Van Halen mimicked his imitation.

After bad-mouthing each other for decades, the two seemed truly happy to be back together. When Mr. Roth led a chorus of "Happy Birthday" to mark Mr. Van Halen's 53rd, the guitarist leaned over and gave the singer a kiss, a display of affection that never happened on the Police's recent reunion tour.

But as warm and nostalgic as the evening got, it wasn't without rough patches.

The big question mark going into the tour was Mr. Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang, who replaced recently fired bassist and backing singer Michael Anthony. On bass, young Wolfie was adequate, but as a vocalist, he failed to hit the high harmonies that are key to so many of the group's songs, from "Runnin' With the Devil" to "Panama."

Mr. Roth, 53, had vocal trouble of his own, straining for the high notes and missing them in a half-dozen songs such as "Jamie's Cryin' " and "Dance the Night Away." Granted, he was never Pavarotti to begin with. But every little flaw in his voice was on display Saturday.

Still, it barely mattered. You come mainly to see David Lee Roth entertain, which he did with gusto, whether he was salsa dancing through "Beautiful Girls," spinning yarns in "Ice Cream Man" or carrying a giant inflatable microphone (wink, wink) through a storm of confetti in the show-ending "Jump."

"Are you guys having half as much fun as we are up here?" he asked, prompting a roar from the capacity audience. A huge chunk of the crowd was 40 and up, but there were also plenty of fans who weren't even born when Van Halen II first blasted from every Pontiac Trans Am in America.

If you missed Saturday's show, the group returns to AAC on March 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2524021;
    August 13, 2007, 2:15 PM ET

Mitchell Peters, L.A.
    The first leg of Van Halen's long-awaited reunion tour with frontman David Lee Roth will kick off Sept. 27 in Charlotte, N.C., and run through Dec. 11 in Calgary, Alberta. Tickets for the trek, which is in the process of being announced at a Los Angeles media gathering, go on sale beginning Saturday (Aug. 18) via LiveNation.com.

A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group, first tipped here in late January, never got off the ground, with guitarist Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.

Roth has not toured with the act in more than two decades; the bass spot formerly occupied by Michael Anthony will be filled by Eddie Van Halen's teenage son, Wolfgang.

Stay tuned to Billboard.com for more Van Halen details.

Here are Van Halen's tour dates:

Sept. 27: Charlotte, N.C. (Bobcats Arena)
    Sept. 29: Greensboro, N.C. (Coliseum)
    Oct. 1: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
    Oct. 7: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
    Oct. 10: Cleveland (Quicken Loans Arena)
    Oct. 14: Indianapolis (Conseco Fieldhouse)
    Oct. 16: Chicago (Allstate Arena)
    Oct. 18: Chicago (United Center)
    Oct. 22: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    Oct. 24: Minneapolis (Target Center)
    Oct. 26: Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)
    Oct. 28: St. Louis (Scottrade Center)
    Oct. 30: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)
    Nov. 3: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)
    Nov. 13: New York (Madison Square Garden)
    Nov. 20: Los Angeles (Staples Center)
    Nov. 23: Glendale, Ariz. (Jobing.com Arena)
    Nov. 25: San Diego (Cox Arena)
    Nov. 27: Sacramento, Calif. (Arco Arena)
    Nov. 29: San Jose, Calif. (HP Pavilion)
    Dec. 1: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)
    Dec. 3: Seattle (Key Arena)
    Dec. 5: Vancouver (GM Place)
    Dec. 9: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Palace)
    Dec. 11: Calgary, Alberta (Pengrowth Saddledome)

Van Halen Tour Kicking Off In Late September
    I saw then more than ten times and met them all.

David Lee Roth was a complete idiot who thought we all wanted him. He looked like a giant barbie doll in pink tight whatever.

One concert my friend and I (last one I went to) had to go the hospital for reasons I won't go into. David Lee Roth is A PIG.

Good ole songs yeah but, I keep him out of my head when I hear them.

You could not pay me to see DLR.

The rest of the band were very classy guys.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2775198;
    David Lee Roth was a complete idiot who thought we all wanted him.
    I did want him....still do actually

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them though JamiLee.....

Van Halen Tour Cancelled | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Van Halen Tour Cancelled
    03/03/2008

According to Blabbermouth.net, TMZ.com reports that the Van Halen tour has just been cancelled.

Sources tell TMZ.com that arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour — which was scheduled to continue through April 19. According to the site, the reason for the cancellation is guitarist Eddie Van Halen, who is said to be "having issues."

It should be noted, however, that Van Halen's representatives have yet to officially confirm that the remainder of the tour has been called off and the TMZ report should be treated as a rumor only.

Van Halen postponed two concerts last weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia and Duluth, Georgia. No reason was given for the postponements, but both were rescheduled for mid-March.

According to numerous unsubstantiated reports online, internal band tensions have been flaring up again as the tour has gone forward. The group hit the road last fall with original singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 22 years.

Van Halen Tour Unhinged - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors

Van Halen Tour Unhinged
    Posted Mar 2nd 2008 5:57PM by TMZ Staff

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

I have to admit, they lasted longer than I thought! Hope Eddie gets his "issues" resolved!

MRD

Wow, I can't say I'm surprised.
    I hope Eddie can resolve his issues. That's a lot of talent gone to waste.
    Like Bbnbama, they lasted longer than I thought they would.

I saw Valerie Bertinelli on Today last week and she said that Wolfie was home for a "break" from the tour. I guess its a permanent break now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread