+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

I think she's a beautiful girl (IMO much prettier than Lindsey or Paris)....

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    What horrified me was her face. She's a very wealthy, very famous, very young mother of two, and she has the eyes of a homeless crack whore. Krom used the word "tragic", which is unfortunately very apt in this case. It was as upsetting to watch as Anna Nicole's bizarre awards show appearance before her death (what was it, a year or two prior?). It made me incredibly sad to watch.
    I completely agree with this post AJane....it is tragic...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The heels on those boots were mighty high and looked uncomfortable.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2566100;
    The heels on those boots were mighty high and looked uncomfortable.
    That they did, but wasn't she the one that went to MTV and begged them to let her perform? She wanted to do this and could have dressed anyway that she wanted to, sang whatever she was comfortable with; this was her big chance to give a big FU to her critics and have her big comeback. I've seen it written a few times today that maybe this was her way of saying that she doesn't want to do this anymore; if that's the case, why not just quietly go away and be a mom?

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations)

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven22;2565217;
    West Says He's Done With MTV After VMA Loss
    Kanye West

September 10, 2007, 9:55 AM ET

Sour grapes from Kanye West -- again. Shut out last night (Sept. 9) at the MTV Video Music Awards, West threw a tantrum in front of media and crew backstage as the show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

The rapper was nominated for male artist of the year and video of the year for "Stronger." This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video.

See ya Kanye
    Ugh, this article makes me dislike Kanye even more. I don't think this guy can get any lower in my books.

I actually feel really bad for Britney. Here was her chance to do a major comeback, but judging from a previous post, everything went bad. The lip syncing was out of sync, the dancing was plain bad, the outfit didn't suit her, nothing was really right about her performance.

I've only watched a few VMAs, but this one takes the cake as being the worst one yet. Well, maybe not the worst one, but it is one of the worst ones. It was all over the place, with the parties in different rooms and the camera from going from one room to another. Maybe a miracle will happen, and the VMAs next year will rock.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Why does Kanye even CARE about the VMAs? They are totally irrelevant anyway.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2566198;
    Don't the viewers vote for who they want to win? I guess he's just mad that people voted for other people and not him. Or maybe he just wants another moonman. Either way, he's such a sore loser.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2566198;
    Just wait until next year when he isn't nominated nor asked to perform. The fit he will throw will be monumental. Then when they remind him of his comments this year, he will pout & moan & groan. I don't like this egotistical s.o.b. at all. Get offa my TV idiot!

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar

He is SO cocky, egotistical and whiney, but have y'all heard the tracks off Graduation?
    The hotness almost killed me. Seriously.
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

FORT Fanatic

What gets to me is when he blames his not winning or not being asked to open the show on his race. If you google him you'll see what I mean. Money does not buy class.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I think he (Kanye) does all this 'cause he knows it keeps his name in the press. He'll be back on MTV, and he'll like it! MTV could ban playing his videos but it wouldn't serve them to do that either, 'cause he's still got a lot of fans. Kanye has done stuff like this in the past. I'm sure he knows exacty what he's doing. The guy is nothing if not publicity savvy.

Oh, and aside from a category or two where the viewers vote, the rest of the categories are judged by industry peolple (journalists, music folks etc.). Or at least that's what I think I read...anyone?

+ Reply to Thread