+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations)

Update tidbits..

Some blame the outfit. Others point a finger at Sarah Silverman. Still others question MTV's judgment in the first place to open the show with Britney Spears.

But whatever the reason, the pop star's lackluster performance of her new single "Gimme More" is getting universally bashed the day after her supposed "comeback" in a sparkly black bikini and blonde weave on Sunday's Video Music Awards.

"Britney was supposed to wear a matching corset that she opted out of wearing at the last minute," a source tells PEOPLE. "She was just plain nervous because of all the hype and she's embarrassed."

Adds another, "She looked disappointed" backstage after the performance.

"She was extremely nervous. It's been awhile since she's done this, and she was performing in front of all her peers, on live TV. She just got out there and froze," says a source who was also backstage as well as at rehearsal (watch the clip). "People who were at rehearsal saw something else. It was good. It really was."

In addition to the barbed comments (everyone from Whoopi Goldberg to The New York Times piled on), conspiracy theories abounded as to why Spears appeared out of it and uninspired.

Fan site BreatheHeavy.com and photo agency X17 speculated that Spears was thrown off after hearing Sarah Silverman rehearse her monologue (which ripped Spears and called her kids "mistakes").

But Silverman's rep tells PEOPLE it's untrue: "Sarah never rehearsed her full monologue ahead of time so no one knew what Sarah was going to say except for Sarah."

On another celeb blog, Oh No They Didn't, a reader posted supposed photo evidence that Britney was wobbling on a broken stiletto heel during her performance.

I did see the wonky heel on her one boot. But I don't think that could ever explain the entire mess that was her performance. Maybe the less than enthusiastic dancing, but not the look in her face, the lifeless, vacant expression.

The Ho should'da stayed the hell home and saved everybody from the inevitable! She went to the awards, she was zoned out, and even Sara Silverman stomped her butt into the ground... she likes the attention & she got it and was humiliated further!

She wants Drama & attention and last night she got it many times over!
    Her Goose is well-done and she keeps on keepin' on with her unstable antics!
    We've seen it all & none of it is too pretty!
    She's a disaster looking for a place to happen! She will not learn... she hard headed as hell! Face it!
    I just hope we never see anymore skin, thong, de-thonged or otherwise! Cover your fat ass up, we've seen it all and if ya wanna continue to flash it, do so in a Mens Publication so you can get paid Britney... The public isn't interested!
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 09-10-2007 at 09:37 PM.

(I accidently started a new thread for this- I searched for it wrong I guess!)

I heard that MTV wasnt going to re-run the show like it has in the past, so I thought I better watch it when it was really live.

I thought Brit tanked. She seemed a bit uncomfortable, preoccupied?, and it seemed like something was missing (besides her REALLY singing). Her hair looked dreadful, I dont know why she didnt at least cover it up with a hat like she has been doing. She had a perfect opportunity here to really wow everyone and in my opinion she failed.

I loved Chris Browns performance, along with Alicia Keys, and of course J.T. was awesome. Apparently Kid Rock and Tommy Lee got in a fight, over what Im not sure. The details will probably be out today no doubt. Lee was a bit rude when Pamela Anderson was on stage, he wouldnt stop whistling, and she turned around and something to the effect of "knock it off".
    The suite performances were ok, with a couple of match ups that were pretty cool. Neyo, Gym Class Heros, and Fall Out Boy was a good one.
    All in all, its pretty sad that I was more interested in seeing who was in the audience as opposed to who was winning awards. I saw Travis Barker and Shanna, Robin Thicke, 3-6-Mafia, real world sydney people.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

On another celeb blog, Oh No They Didn't, a reader posted supposed photo evidence that Britney was wobbling on a broken stiletto heel during her performance.
    I wondered about this so went to MTV and watched the video again. There is more than ample evidence she had no broken boot heel problems. In fact, given the heel style and what she was doing and her weight, those must have been very strong heels. Even though she phoned her performance in, she was still moving around a lot and putting a her weight on them at different points with no hesitation. Those heels were not broken or loose.

The only wobbly thing I saw was Britney herself at a couple of spots where it seemed like she had the Drunk Legs people get when they're drunk or on something and wobble a bit then catch themselves when they try to take a step. So many people, and Britney herself, trying to make excuses for what happened... it was what it was, no excuses for it. I would have hoped for one bright note in that train wreck in that if it were true that she came off stage dissapointed in her own performance, that it would have been a wakeup call for her. But apparently not, since only an hour or so later she was photographed out partying and giving the photogs plenty of bare crotch shots. And saddest of all... while surfing the net reading some of the things being said today about her performance last nite... there are still young girls out there defending her and looking to her as a role model, denying she has any problems except for exhaustion. *sigh*
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Like all addicts they have to hit rock bottom before they realize what they have done to themselves. Seems like most of the posts think Brit has hit that rock bottom. I hope she realizes it too. This could be a turning point for her either to get her act together or retire from public view with some grace and drink herself to death. The only ones I really feel sorry for are the kids especially with a dad like Fedderline, they (the kids) are in a lose/lose situation right now. If Brit dies and Fed gets the kids garanteed there will be no daddy or money by the time they are 18. Just another American success story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

Paris actually looks pretty in this picture from the VMA Awards....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2566002;
    ....This could be a turning point for her either to get her act together or retire from public view with some grace ....
    Too late for her to retire with either dignity or grace. Even if she retired today and became a church-going philanthropic saint and a poster girl for wholesome motherhood, she'll now forever be remembered as a huge train wreck in denial.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fan

I thought Britney was alright. She did need a differnet hair style. Hair looked bad. Considering everything she's been through, it wasn't as bad as people are saying it was. (In my opinion) I think people are harder on her than they need to be.

I hate her hair! Short one minute, long the next...
    Extensions on, extensions off... Whatever & who really cares... imo, she looks like an Aardvark... The BIG Anteater...
    Cross-eyed, pointy nose... puke! This Bimbo gets way too much attention!
    Yuck and she's screwed everything with a rod! She looks diseasey!!

+ Reply to Thread