+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

FORT Fan

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations)

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2565237;
    i just saw it on youtube. come on now she doesn't look bad, she just wore a very unflattering outfit and yes she looked so scare
    I don't think that was fear in her eyes.....complete oblivion maybe.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

It appeared to me that she couldn't remember the lyrics AND follow the dance instructions in her head at the same time. "Gimme (turn to right) Gimme (pelvic thrust) Gimme (Oh Yeah. I'm s'posed to lean on dancer here.)".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2565312;
    It appeared to me that she couldn't remember the lyrics AND follow the dance instructions in her head at the same time. "Gimme (turn to right) Gimme (pelvic thrust) Gimme (Oh Yeah. I'm s'posed to lean on dancer here.)".
    I agree with your take. She reminded me of some of the weaker dancers each season on Dancing With the Stars -- the ones who don't understand that dancing is not just memorizing a series of moves. Kind of sad considering that Britney used to always get away with her lack of singing ability because her dancing was so good.

I think there's a knee-jerk "she's not fat" reaction, because by any reasonable terms she's not. But FOR SOMEONE TRYING TO WEAR THAT OUTFIT, she's fat.

It's not just her stomach either. From the back view, she's thicker around the middle. Her legs are jiggly. It's all normal and not even all that unpleasant compared to most of America, but most of America wouldn't be wearing that outfit.

All she had to do was dress differently (oh, and actually dance like something other than a zombie) and the reactions would have been much better. But I think Brit's sanity has slipped a few more notches and she doesn't even realize she's not the super-chiseled girl she used to be.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2565335;
    I think there's a knee-jerk "she's not fat" reaction, because by any reasonable terms she's not. But FOR SOMEONE TRYING TO WEAR THAT OUTFIT, she's fat.

It's not just her stomach either. From the back view, she's thicker around the middle. Her legs are jiggly. It's all normal and not even all that unpleasant compared to most of America, but most of America wouldn't be wearing that outfit.

All she had to do was dress differently (oh, and actually dance like something other than a zombie) and the reactions would have been much better. But I think Brit's sanity has slipped a few more notches and she doesn't even realize she's not the super-chiseled girl she used to be.
    Well said. Scale-wise, Kirstie Alley is a larger woman than Britney is. However, I think that Kirstie looked FAR better when she appeared on Oprah in a bikini than Britney did last night. Clothes should be about accentuating the best features on a person's body, especially when you're on stage in a "look at me" moment. Last night, Britney was not accentuating her best features.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven22;2565241;
    I don't think that was fear in her eyes.....complete oblivion maybe.
    I agree. I saw nothing in her eyes...they looked very vacant. Admittedly I'm not one of her fans, but I think she needs to focusing on getting herself together so that she can be the best mother to her boys. That's what matters the most. In the midst of all the upheaval going on in her life opening the VMA awards as an attempt to highlight her career comeback should have been the least of her concerns.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2565339;
    Well said. Scale-wise, Kirstie Alley is a larger woman than Britney is. However, I think that Kirstie looked FAR better when she appeared on Oprah in a bikini than Britney did last night.
    I can't agree with that. I didn't think Kirstie looked very good in her bikini, especially with the pantyhose on underneath. If the two women were on a beach--neither of them famous--Britney would've looked better.

While Britney is not 'fat' by any means, her wardrobe choice certainly did her no favors. At least you can't count her ribs. I thought for the first time since she shaved her head that her 'weave' she wore was probably the most flattering, especially compared to that bushy black mess she tends to favor. As for her performance....OMG! She used to be able to outdance all the pop stars...what the hell happened to her? She looked like she was half dead and they kept panning to the audience..The look on 50 cents face was priceless.

Oh and to say something nice.....her make-up looked really good.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2565353;
    I agree. I saw nothing in her eyes...they looked very vacant.
    "Vacant" is the way I'd describe them also. For a comeback performance, it was far from enthusiastic. She was obviously just going through the motions...and doing a poor job at that.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2564830;
    Ugh! I just watched Britney's "performance" on mtv.com. Holy crap, was that bad. First, someone pulling down $700K per month for doing nothing can afford better extensions. Second, whomever choreographed that mess and did the costumes needs to look past "Cell Block Tango" for inspiration. And third, for the love of Cheetos, if you're sporting a beer gut, don't wear the equivalent of a bikini to dance (however sedatedly) for just under 4 minutes on the television. It went from funny to sad in about 2.5 seconds.

Fourth and final, don't call it a comeback!

(To add to the mess, she was later photographed without underwear. Yes, she...Oops! Did it again! )

+ Reply to Thread