+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

FORT Fogey

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations)

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2565044;
    This may be the only time you'll hear this from me, but I'm glad Carrie didn't win the award she was nominated for. It's better not to win than to be somehow associated however loosely with this mess.
    exactly what we have been saying here, good for carrie. I didn't watch the show and i am glad i didn't. I just do not like the vma, used too but stop the last 3 to 4 yrs.

i am looking at the winner and how did justin win quadruplet award?

So....what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2565152;
    Britney's performance was terrible & the song sucked too. All she did was grunt, groan & shake her flab. She needs to lose about 20 lbs. before she comes out shaking her big butt & gut. Too much junk in the trunk!
    I saw her picture and I am wondering why everyone is complaining about her body. No way is she overweight and out of shape. May be the papers need to show side by side photos of her before and after. The one article I read claimed she had a paunch. What the heck are they talking about she had a flat stomach, at least in the pic I saw. It sounds as if everyone is just jumping on the 'trash Britney band wagon' cause it is easy.:nono

BTW I am not a Britney fan.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2565197;
    I saw her picture and I am wondering why everyone is complaining about her body. No way is she overweight and out of shape. May be the papers need to show side by side photos of her before and after. The one article I read claimed she had a paunch. What the heck are they talking about she had a flat stomach, at least in the pic I saw. It sounds as if everyone is just jumping on the 'trash Britney band wagon' cause it is easy.:nono

I would agree that Britney is not fat, and that her body looked pretty darn good. That said, I don't think that she made a wardrobe choice that flattered her or highlighted her best features. When you compare her body as it was last night, to her body when she performed Slave For You, her stomach has changed A LOT. It is certainly not bad, but it is a big change from the thousands of sit ups a day perfection that she was before. Her boobs looked pretty good last night, but instead of putting the emphasis there, with her outfit, you were looking at her stomach. If she'd worn something just as tight, nearly as revealing, but with fabric over her stomach wtih seams sewn at just the right angles, I think everyone woudl be saying "She looked GREAT today". But instead, she emphasized the change in her stomach from one performance to another, and her stomach, while not bad, is no longer her best feature. She's gone from a not-human stomach to a normal one.

I thought Britney's body looked fine. She's not out-of-shape, she's just not starved-looking.

What horrified me was her face. She's a very wealthy, very famous, very young mother of two, and she has the eyes of a homeless crack whore. Krom used the word "tragic", which is unfortunately very apt in this case. It was as upsetting to watch as Anna Nicole's bizarre awards show appearance before her death (what was it, a year or two prior?). It made me incredibly sad to watch.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

She was a complete wreck. She isn't fat but she isn't Victoria Secret picture perfect either. Wrong wardrobe choice. Wrong choice to open the VMA's. She really needs help and for the sake of her children, I hope she gets it.

FORT Fan

West Says He's Done With MTV After VMA Loss
    Kanye West

September 10, 2007, 9:55 AM ET

Sour grapes from Kanye West -- again. Shut out last night (Sept. 9) at the MTV Video Music Awards, West threw a tantrum in front of media and crew backstage as the show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

The rapper was nominated for male artist of the year and video of the year for "Stronger." This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video.

See ya Kanye

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2565197;

Before & after, here's the pics...
    She might not be fat to some, but to me she is and she's definately too fat to wear what she wore. Hips don't lie and a beer belly to boot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

What's MTV talking about--no repeats of the awards? They repeated it immediately after the live broadcast went off the air!

Regarding Britney...she is not fat for a normal 25-year-old woman who has two young children. BUT, her outfit accentuated how out of shape she was. In the performance, you can see that her stomach is jiggly and paunchy--it jutted out over her bikini bottom. A leotard/one-piece would've held her belly in and taken the emphasis off of one of her bodyparts that isn't in shape. When she was younger, she used to dance on stage in flat heels. I think that would've helped her last night--between being out of shape and underrehearsed, it looked difficult for her to balance on her pointy heels. I can understand her nerves -- everyone was waiting for her to fail. But a more modest wardrobe could've helped her confidence (I think). Also, it was kind of sad 'cause I saw fear in her eyes as she performed. That is never a good thing...

FORT Fogey

i just saw it on youtube. come on now she doesn't look bad, she just wore a very unflattering outfit and yes she looked so scare

+ Reply to Thread