+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations/Show Discussion)

Ya know, all this talk about Britney's figure and "how out of shape she is" is overshadowing a bigger problem I think. Britney is in need of some serious mental help.
    Hell, I would kill for the body that she has now. I do agree though that the outfit she was wearing was just not that flattering to her figure now. She still lives in this dream world.

Brit, get some help, NOW!

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2566002;
    Like all addicts they have to hit rock bottom before they realize what they have done to themselves. Seems like most of the posts think Brit has hit that rock bottom. I hope she realizes it too. This could be a turning point for her either to get her act together or retire from public view with some grace and drink herself to death.
    According to Inside Edition (or Insider - don't know which tabloid show), they showed pictures of her out on the town very late on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday after the show until 2:30am. The nightclub she showed up at Sunday night, she went into a bathroom and never came out for most of the time she was there. That is not the behavior of someone even close to "rock bottom".

Apparently the only thing she said coming off the stage was a request to see a tape of her performance. No tears.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I also read a report that Britney had not heard Sarah Silverman's material in rehearsal since the latter didn't rehearse the material about a lot of the stars that she mentioned. So that wasn't a valid reason for her bad performance either. (A lot of performers talk big on stage, but if the person they made fun of confronts them, they turn all apologetic. I'm sure that's one of the reasons why Silverman--who I can't stand, by the way--would never say anything negative about Britney during a dress rehearsal.)

Re: 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (Nominations)

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2566587;
    ....The nightclub she showed up at Sunday night, she went into a bathroom and never came out for most of the time she was there. That is not the behavior of someone even close to "rock bottom".
    Speaking of her bottom.... And there were plenty of pics taken that Sunday night after the VMA's without underwear again.

Okay, muggle... I love your avatar. What song is your kitty singing there -- Elvis Presley's 'Hound Dog'? She's sooo cute!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2566471;
    I think he (Kanye) does all this 'cause he knows it keeps his name in the press. He'll be back on MTV, and he'll like it! MTV could ban playing his videos but it wouldn't serve them to do that either, 'cause he's still got a lot of fans. Kanye has done stuff like this in the past. I'm sure he knows exacty what he's doing. The guy is nothing if not publicity savvy.
    Either this or he takes himself way too seriously.

Oh, and aside from a category or two where the viewers vote, the rest of the categories are judged by industry peolple (journalists, music folks etc.). Or at least that's what I think I read...anyone?
    I believe so, yes.

What's funny to me is that Twitter's didn't even put her back into it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2566634;
    Speaking of her bottom.... And there were plenty of pics taken that Sunday night after the VMA's without underwear again.

Okay, muggle... I love your avatar. What song is your kitty singing there -- Elvis Presley's 'Hound Dog'? She's sooo cute!
    "Gimme More....Catnip" of course.

You could say that Rock Bottom would require a visit to Bikini Bottom first.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

OMG Britney looks so bloated... She's got the "Double Chin" action going on.
    She looks like a "blonde" Delta Burke.

Oh, AmyLee, could you possibly find a MORE unflattering pic?

She looks like she's badly in need of the services of a pricey fitness-guru-to-the-stars, or a $19.99/mo subscription to Bally Total Fitness at the very least.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

So much for no repeats. They repeated the awards show right after the initial airing. And right now I'm watching a repeat of the VMAs again (though I'm not paying attention to my TV). But it is a little different watching this one since they have commentary from some of the celebrities.

I'm thinking MTV told everyone that the VMAs would only air once so that ratings would be higher. Some people catch a repeat of the show instead of watching it when it first airs, making the ratings lower. If MTV said that the show would only air once, those people would have probably tuned in.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread