+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMA Music Festival 7/23 on ABC

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: CMA Music Festival 7/23 on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2487995;
    The performers that were left out of last nights show were Trace Adkins, Montgomery Gentry,Jo Dee Messina, Billy Ray Cyrus, Rodney Adkins, Billy Currington, & Gretchen Wilson.

And they could have left Sara Evans out as well. This poor woman just doesn't seem to be able to sing live. Talk about pitchy, she is the poster child for pitchiness.
    I would have loved to see Trace and Billy Currington and you would think since BRC was on DWTS that ABC would have shown him too....I could have done without LeAnn Rimes...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2487895;
    Her name is Ruby Jane Smith. She will be 13 in November. She has a myspace page www.myspace.com/rubyjanesmith. I also found these pictures MFG/PRO, Technology Consulting, Web Development by PICS and information about her. It sounds like she has quite a career ahead of her.
    Thanks for the links Unk...she kinda reminds me of the girl who played Blossom on the TV show...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2489086;
    I would have loved to see Trace and Billy Currington and you would think since BRC was on DWTS that ABC would have shown him too....I could have done without LeAnn Rimes...
    There is something weird going on with Billy Currington right now. I'm getting bits & pieces so I won't post speculation, but it isn't very good. I do know that he had to leave his tour due to bronchitis, then I just recently heard he won't be performing again this year, & that all revolves around this other stuff.

I love the LeAnn Rimes song she did, at least I loved the music. I have heard it now many many times & I still can't understand what she is saying.

Too bad they didn't show Montgomery Gentry when they brought out Ted Nugent & they all got down to Cat Scratch Fever. Now that alone was worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2489225;
    There is something weird going on with Billy Currington right now. I'm getting bits & pieces so I won't post speculation, but it isn't very good. I do know that he had to leave his tour due to bronchitis, then I just recently heard he won't be performing again this year, & that all revolves around this other stuff.

I love the LeAnn Rimes song she did, at least I loved the music. I have heard it now many many times & I still can't understand what she is saying.

Too bad they didn't show Montgomery Gentry when they brought out Ted Nugent & they all got down to Cat Scratch Fever. Now that alone was worth the price of admission.
    Yeah, I like the LeAnn Rimes song....just would've liked to have had seen other performers....

MG and Ted Nugent??? WOO HOO...I bet they rocked!

Interesting about Billy......must go trolling around the internet soon to see what you are talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2489225;
    Here's the latest on that speculation. Billy did this interview for People with the stipulation that it also runs in the Nashville paper The Tennessean.
    Sunday, 08/12/07
    Singer confronts abusive past, looks to future
    Therapy helps Currington heal

By BEVERLY KEEL

Two days after attending a Radius 10 party celebrating the platinum success of his second album, Doin' Somethin' Right, country singer Billy Currington was diagnosed with acute laryngitis and canceled all immediate obligations.

What came next was a quiet unlike anything he had ever known.

With no work to fill his usually hectic schedule, the 33-year-old spiraled into a painful examination of his past. For nearly a dozen years of his childhood, Currington says, he was the victim of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of four adults, most of whom were men. Currington now believes the childhood trauma has left him with anger issues and a hatred of men that have affected personal and professional relationships throughout his adult life.

Dealing with the fallout is prompting his exit from country music for the rest of 2007, despite recently celebrating his second No. 1 single, "Good Directions."

"For so long, I didn't know what was going on inside of me, but I knew it was affecting my life in negative ways," Currington said during an exclusive interview I conducted for People magazine with the agreement that the story also would appear in The Tennessean.

June 26 five days after his million-selling-album party Currington checked into a 30-day trauma recovery program at Arizona's Sierra Tucson.

"It was pretty much the breakdown, the realization that I was powerless over a trauma and at that point, it felt like my life was completely unmanageable," he says. "I felt the bottom, so to speak."
    The rest of the story is here.

WOW...best of luck to Billy....hope this helps him overcome his troubles and he is able to be at peace with himself....

I had heard hte details, but until I saw something in writing I didn't want to put it out. Thanks for the article Unk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12