+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No Studio Magic to Save You Now . . . The Best and Worst Live Acts You've Ever Seen

Re: No Studio Magic to Save You Now . . . The Best and Worst Live Acts You've Ever Se

Favorites (in order)
    U2 - Elevation - Boston
    Phish- 'it' Limestone, ME
    DMB - Boston
    Springsteen - Milwaukee (unplugged - awesome!)
    O.A.R. - Portsmouth, NH
    Wallflowers - Milwaukee (surprisingly great)

*Side note- in regards to indie bands/ local circuit bands, Sirsy and Skinny (formerly 2skinnydorks) put on amazing shows.

Not so hot
    Rascal Flatts - Foxboro, MA - these guys couldn't carry a tune if their lives depended on it. The Backstreet Boys of country music.
    U2 - PopMart tour - Pittsburgh, PA - I was in denial for a while about this show. How could my favorite band of all time put on such a downer of a show? It was flashy, it was elaborate but this tour strayed from who I felt they really were. I did not like U2's electronica phase one bit.
    Last edited by speedbump; 07-22-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Premium Member

Re: No Studio Magic to Save You Now . . . The Best and Worst Live Acts You've Ever Se

The best, most memorable concert I have ever been to was Dan Fogelberg in 1997. It was an acoustic concert with no backup musicians. Just him, his guitar and the piano.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234