Thread: What songs make you cry?

Oh, thought of another one.
    Hold on- by sarah mclachlan. So sad!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    Oh, thought of another one.
    Hold on- by sarah mclachlan. So sad!
    It looks to be a consensus that Sarah McLachlan makes us cry. Let me add another one: her song "When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2. To this day, hearing that song remains the only time I've ever lost it in a movie theater.

Others that bring out the waterworks:

"A Love So Beautiful" by Roy Orbison (which should be retitled "A Voice So Beautiful," the way that man sang)

"Do You Remember Me," featured in the film "Snoopy Come Home" (Charles Schulz always had a knack for making me tear up)

"Mi Corazon Lloro" by King Clave
    (translation: "My Heart Cried." It's a Spanish language song that is basically done in the form of a telephone conversation between the singer and a little boy about 4 or 5 years old who lives with his mom. The singer goes on asking about the two of them, but the kid has no idea who the caller is, so he keeps asking how he knows about him and his mom. At the end, the boy says, "Goodbye, sir," and the singer replies, "Goodbye, son," just before hanging up. That ending never fails to get me in the gut.)

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Sarah McLachlan's 'Angel'

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    But the one that does it every time is Green Day's song. "It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life." The day my brother died, my sister got into his truck to drive it home from the hospital. That song was playing in the tape deck. It was the last song he'd listened to on earth, and it was talking to him.Today when I hear it on the radio, I feel like it's his way of just saying hi to me because he knows how much that song means now.
    Wonderful story candor and I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost a sibling this year and know how hard it is to deal with.

The name of that Green Day song is "Good Riddance" which is a horrible name for such a touching song. They have the words (Time of Your Life) in parenthesis - probably because they predicted that so many people would hate the name "Good Riddance" - especially because so many people - such as yourself - like to think of that song as a tribute song.

I mean who wants to say that the song they dedicate to a loved one who passed away is something called "Good Riddance"?!? So always just tell everyone the song is "Time of Your Life".

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Anyone artist that does "Without You" ( I cant live, cause living is without you......I can't live anymore.....Mariah's version will equal TEARS!)

Oh my god, I start sobbing when I hear this song...She sings it so beautifully.
    Kelly Clarkson sang it on AI and it was beautiful as well
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Anyone artist that does "Without You" ( I cant live, cause living is without you......I can't live anymore.....Mariah's version will equal TEARS!)

Oh my god, I start sobbing when I hear this song...She sings it so beautifully.
    Kelly Clarkson sang it on AI and it was beautiful as well
    The original artist was actually "Badfinger", a band famous for heavy rocking numbers like "Baby Blue", "Day After Day" and "Come and get it". Check it out, I bet you would like their version as well. Its a little different with a guy singing it.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Thanks Daddio, you always know cool things..I know badfinger but I didnt know they did it orginally. Im definetly going to check it out!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Thanks Daddio, you always know cool things..I know badfinger but I didnt know they did it orginally. Im definetly going to check it out!
    My pleasure my friend. If you find it and hear it, drop me a PM or something. I'd love to know how you like their version.

I'd Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf snuck up on me a couple of nights ago and put a squeeze on the ol' tear ducts. I don't know why, really. It's never had that affect on me before.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Fly - Celine Dion

No idea why this tears me up but it does.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

+ Reply to Thread