+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What songs make you cry?

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I cry easily.....

1. Beautiful -Christina Aguilera...I dont know why, but I get all choked up.

2. Fighter- Christina Aguilera....

3. Dreaming of you - Selena , her death was so untimely, and I just think of her singing, its so sad.

4. The last song by Aaliyah....

5.Im not in Love- 10cc

6. SOmewhere over the rainbow...Judy Garland I get so teary its ridiculous.

10. Any song from the musical "Phantom of the Opera
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I cry easily.....Any song from the musical "Phantom of the Opera
    Oh yes Tallulahbaby...especially the closing song where the Phantom realizes that Christina can never be his and as she walks away with Raul he sings a short reprise of 'Music of the Night' and sings "Its over now...the music of the night" and then disappears into his chair and when the restless, torch carrying villagers arrive to capture and hang the Phantom, all they find is his mask sitting in the empty chair. That always gets me.

I'm sorry, sniff, I am a little verklempt...

See I am a man of the millenium and not afraid to admit I cry.

Ok I don't cry a lot over songs but...
    1. Tears In Heaven, my family sang that song at my aunts funeral so that song always gets me choked up.
    2. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam. The lyrics are soooo sad.
    3. Dreaming of You by Selena. Not really the song but her story is what makes me cry. She is extremely missed by so many people.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

My cousin sand a country based song "Serenated (sp) by Angels (I thing the guy wrote it for his wife or someone he was close to) at my Aunt's wake. I don't cry, but it was beautiful.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Anything by Barbara Streisand.

Oh wait, this isn't "What songs make you claw your eyes out" thread. Nevermind.

The first song that came to mind is "The Beautiful Ones" by Prince.

Songs rarely make me cry, unless I'm in an easily provoked to tears kind of mood, but here's some songs I find really touching, and/or sad:
    Insensitive -jann arden
    Good mother jann arden
    good enough- sarah mclachlan
    eva cassidy- nightbird
    not supposed to love you anymore - who does this song, other than clay aiken?
    Breathe -contemporary christian
    have a little faith in me- john hiatt.
    That's enough for now. Maybe I am a little bit of a crybaby!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I thought of a couple more...
    Along with "Leader of the Band" - Dan Fogelberg
    Oh. My. God
    Leader of the Band turns me into a simpering fool. And every time I tell myself I'm not going to ... (bite finger) it's happening right now.

But the one that does it every time is Green Day's song.
    "It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life."
    The day my brother died, my sister got into his truck to drive it home from the hospital. That song was playing in the tape deck. It was the last song he'd listened to on earth, and it was talking to him.
    Today when I hear it on the radio, I feel like it's his way of just saying hi to me because he knows how much that song means now.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Stevie B-Spring Love (this is the only song I still like from the guy.....

Anyone artist that does "Without You" ( I cant live, cause living is without you......I can't live anymore.....Mariah's version will equal TEARS!)

Pretenders-I'll Stand By You

4 Non Blondes-What's Goin On

FORT Fogey
    "New York Minute" by Don Henley--I always loved this, but it became a tearjerker after they played it on the radio after 9/11...

"What a Wonderful World"...beautiful in it's own right, but my daughter's kindergarten class sang it at their graduation, and I was bawling like a baby...

"Oh Holy Night"...a very difficult song to sing, but when someone nails it, it never fails to bring me to tears...

Oh, and "Butterfly Kisses"...reminds me how much I love my Daddy, esp. the part where he is standing with her before the wedding...gets me every time...

Oh, yeah...I'm not a huge fan of Christina, but I dedicated "I Turn to You" to my Mom on her birthday, it reminds me so much of her!

Oh, oh, and one more..."Christmas Shoes"--have you heard this?? The first time I heard it I was driving in the car with my sister, we literally had to pull over so we could bawl...

+ Reply to Thread