Thread: What songs make you cry?

"I Can't Make You Love Me" - Bonnie Raitt
    "I'm Not In Love" - 10CC
    Ipse dixit.

Originally posted by Haole1
    "I Can't Make You Love Me" - Bonnie Raitt
    "I'm Not In Love" - 10CC
    Ooh...I love both of those songs!

Songs that "he" used to sing make me cry. "If" (Bread, Not Janet Jackson), "To Make You Feel My Love", "Leaving on a Jet Plane", "A Man Holding On to a Woman Letting Go", "And So it Goes".. just to name a few. "He" sang a lot. Man, I loved that weasel.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

"Puff the Magic Dragon" used to because I'd remember the cartoon that was on every year.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Maybe not cry, but brings a tear to my eye. Every July 3rd we have a HUGE fireworks/celebration/party in Columbus that draws approx. 500,000 people (yes that is five hundred tousand) downtown. It is an all day thing with the fireworks at dusk. The soundtrack is on a local radio station and also on a local TV station. When they crank out Proud To Be An American I get all misty! I've got goosebumps right now just thinking about it!

The first song that made me cry was "Heaven 9-11 Remix" because it has this little girl talking about her father that died on 9-11. I don't think I ever felt the full effect of that tragedy until I heard this song... it's hard to explain (especially without making me seem really unsensitive - heh) but anyway, it made me cry. I'd strongly recommend downloading it... even if it's not the best quality.

Can't think of any others... except a Christian song titled "Jesus, Lover of my Soul" by Hillsong. Definitely love that one - along with "I Can Only Imagine" (2nd doesn't make me cry, though, just very beautiful)

No Clay songs yet... but I'm just waiting for the album! Or a certain occasion to bring me to tears... I'm sure the day will come sooner or later :rolleyes:
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Originally posted by Unklescott
    Maybe not cry, but brings a tear to my eye. Every July 3rd we have a HUGE fireworks/celebration/party in Columbus that draws approx. 500,000 people (yes that is five hundred tousand) downtown. It is an all day thing with the fireworks at dusk. The soundtrack is on a local radio station and also on a local TV station. When they crank out Proud To Be An American I get all misty! I've got goosebumps right now just thinking about it!
    People have a hard time believing that we really get that many people to show up. http://www.redwhiteandboom.org/index.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Red, White & Bicentennial BOOM will be the 23rd Red, White & BOOM event in downtown Columbus. In this special year, Red, White and Bicentennial BOOM! is proud to anchor the weekend of Ohio's Bicentennial celebration events. There is much to celebrate this year Ohio's 200th birthday and the success of our troops' war effort in Iraq. As a result, Red, White & Bicentennial BOOM! will be even bigger and better and will feature new events such as the Children's Park and a longer and more intense fireworks display.

For years, Red, White & Boom! has been widely regarded as the greatest fireworks display in the Midwest a display that boasts an original fireworks soundtrack by WNCI-FM, 97.9. More than 500,000 people will gather downtown to fill the buildings, the parking lots and the streets within a several mile radius

Had to dig this thread up. I'm really feeling homesick today...school's gettin a lot more stressful with midterms, had a sort-of fight with my best friend over the stupidest thing...stomach's growling....

I miss mom.

So now I find myself listenin' to Tupac's "Dear Mama" from his "Me Against the World" album for the third time in a row. This is definitely a song that makes me cry when I'm down. *sniff*

When I was young me and my mama had beef
    Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
    Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
    Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
    I reminice on the stress I caused, it was hell
    Huggin on my mama from a jail cell
    And even as a crack fiend, mama
    You always was a black queen, mama
    I finally understand
    for a woman it ain't easy tryin to raise a man
    You always was committed
    A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
    There's no way I can pay you back
    But the plan is to show you that I understand
    You are appreciated
    I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
    Cause when I was low you was there for me
    And never left me alone because you cared for me
    And I could see you comin home after work late
    You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate
    Ya just workin with the scraps you was given
    And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin
    Pour out some liquor and I reminsce, cause through the drama
    I can always depend on my mama
    And when it seems that I'm hopeless
    You say the words that can get me back in focus
    When I was sick as a little kid
    To keep me happy there's no limit to the things you did
    And all my childhood memories
    Are full of all the sweet things you did for me
    If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day
    Everything will be alright if ya hold on
    It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
    And there's no way I can pay you back
    But my plan is to show you that I understand
    You are appreciated...

AWWW.....*tears up*

FORT Fogey
    Some of my tear inducing songs:

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
    Save Me - Queen (always picuture Freddie Mercury singing this to the heaves as he dies of aids)
    At Seventeen - Janis Ian
    Wildfire - Michael Martin Murphy
    Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
    Daddy Dont You Walk So Fast - Wayne Newton
    Dont Cry Daddy - Elvis Presley
    Theme from "Love Story"
    In My Life - The Beatles

There are sooooo many more. Music really moves me emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott

You're not alone Unklescott. That song makes me cry too.

Also Kippy Branan's Daddy's Little Girl makes me ball like a baby. It is the exact kind of relationship I have with my father and I always thought of myself as daddy's little girl. I danced to this song with my father at my wedding and I couldn't even breath I was crying so much.

+ Reply to Thread