+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What songs make you cry?

christmas shoes-??
    hes my son- mark schultzs
    superman- 5 for fighting

Martina McBride (sp?) That Dance song. Always gets me.

I hope you dance? Not sure of the name but, I love the lyrics. Makes me think of my daughter.

A friend passed away with four kids (2 boys 2 girls) 2 of the girls were in a show @ our H.S and they dedicated the show to my friend and one of her daughter's danced to that song. I balled my eyes out.

FORT Fan
    "All I Want Is You" ~U2
    "Unchained Melody" ~U2 version
    "Have You Ever Needed Somebody So Bad" ~Def Leppard

FORT Fan
    "You Are There." Written by Dave Frischberg. Recorded by many, but most movingly by Rebecca Parris.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) by baz lurhmann. here's why:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99: Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh never mind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years youíll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you canít grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

Youíre not as fat as you imagine.

Donít worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Donít be reckless with other peopleís hearts; donít put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Donít waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youíre ahead; sometimes youíre behind; the race is long, and in the end itís only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive; forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters; throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Donít feel guilty if you donít know what to do with your life; the most interesting people I know didnít know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives; some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still donít.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees; youíll miss them when theyíre gone.

Maybe youíll marry -- maybe you wonít. Maybe youíll have children -- maybe you wonít. Maybe youíll divorce at 40 -- maybe youíll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, donít congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either -- your choices are half chance; so are everybody elseís.

Enjoy your body; use it every way you can. Donít be afraid of it, or what other people think of it. Itís the greatest instrument youíll ever own.

Dance -- even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you donít follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines; they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents; youíll never know when theyíll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography, in lifestyle, because the older you get the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard;

live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: prices will rise; politicians will philander; you too will get old, and when you do youíll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Donít expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund; maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Donít mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia: dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than itís worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

I just had to add something here. The above is often mistakenly attributed to writer Kurt Vonnegut. But it actually was written by Chicago Sun-Times columnist Mary Schmich.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    Martina McBride (sp?) That Dance song. Always gets me.

I hope you dance? Not sure of the name but, I love the lyrics. Makes me think of my daughter.

A friend passed away with four kids (2 boys 2 girls) 2 of the girls were in a show @ our H.S and they dedicated the show to my friend and one of her daughter's danced to that song. I balled my eyes out.
    I hope you Dance by LeeAnn Womack - great song

And to add to the list, I cry when I hear "Unborn Heart" by Dan Hill.

1~ I'll be --Edwin McCain
    2~ Throwback -- Usher
    3~ The trouble with love is -- Kelly Clarkson
    4~ Someday - Nickelback
    5~ The Loneliness --Babyface
    6~ What the World Needs Love is Love --Jackie Deshannon
    7~ Don't take your love away --Avant
    8~ Have you ever --Brandy
    those songs are such tear jerkers .. 2-5 and 7 are breakup songs the rest are just love songs that make you wanna cry

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Pretty much everything off the Cure's Disintegration, especially if I'm PMSing. There's a song by Sleater-Kinney (my favorite band) called "Was It a Lie"; the second verse makes me tear up (because I can "see" it happening in my head):

"When the collision came
    she died right away
    her body flung almost sixty feet
    and as she split in two
    was she coming straight for you
    and do you have a camera for a face?
    was she your TV show
    Was she your video

A woman's pain never private,
    always seen
    I want to close my eyes
    I want to cut the wires
    I want a day not made for you to see"

Let's see ... Some of the songs off Green Day's "American Idiot" got the tears flowing (hey, don't laugh, some of those lyrics are very beautiful and provocative!)... um... I can't think of any more right off hand, but I'm sure there are more.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

I'll pretty much cry at anything if I am in one of those moods
    But these ones get me no matter what mood I am in!
    Sometimes I listen to them just to release some tension

Still Fighting It - Ben Folds
    The Luckyest - Ben Folds
    Colorblind - Counting Crowes *my walk down the aisle song*
    Come what may - Moulin Rouge
    Daisy A Day - Jud Strunk
    Magic - Ben Folds

The wierd thing is, Magic by Ben Folds reminds me of my mother dying
    and she's NOT dead! Ooh I'm gonna be a wreck when the time actually
    comes!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

seanboy316
    Stevie Wonder's "Too Shy Too Say," from his Fullfillingness' First Finale album. It has a sparse arrangement that is just piano, bass and a lovely, ethereal steel pedal guitar. Just heartbreaking. I felt that way about someone once, never told her. Haven't seen her in years, but I digress. Great song.

+ Reply to Thread