+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What songs make you cry?

I haven't exactly cried while listening to a song (I mean, I'm a 17 year old guy ) But there's a lot of songs that really touch me.

"Remember When It Rained" - Josh Groban; I heard this song for the first time about 2 months ago, it instantly became my favorite, and I listen to it numerous times every day. There's something about it that still makes me stop and just listen to it, which not many songs do that for me.

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" - Celine Dion; I'll never forget the image of Celine floating around on the stage in the harness when the first hour of her first Vegas concert was shown on TV. Simply amazing.

"Exile" - Enya; Not too many people have heard this one it seems, but it's a really great song if you sit down and listen to what the lyrics say.

"Il Mare Calmo Della Sera" - Andrea Bocelli; It may be in Italian, but it's quite easy to tell that the lyrics have speciam meaning.

"Time to Say Goodbye" - Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman; Wow.. just a really beautiful song. My Grandma played it a lot and it has a lot of meaning to her, so it probaby runs in my blood

"You'll Never Walk Alone" - from Carousel; Another song that I listened to growing up. It's almost like a crime in my family to not know the words to this one.

"Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler; Easy to see why, truely one of the most touching songs ever written, I would say.

"Everything I Do, I Do it for You" - Bryan Adams; A true classic.

"My Heart Will Go On" - Celine Dion; Ok, so who didn't ever like this song at one point in time, before it was overplayed?

"The Same Sun" - Chris DeBurgh; In case you don't know who this is, he's the same guy that sings that "Lady In Red" song on the SmartOnes commercials

"Sometimes When We Touch" - Rod Stewart; Another one of those classic songs.

"She Kissed a Hero" - Kristy Jackson; one of those 9/11 tribute songs, one that really makes you sad when you hear it.

"Light the Fire Within" - LeAnn Rimes; The 2002 Olympic Theme Song. It's about doing your best at whatever you do and as long as you give it your best effort, you are a champion. I'd DEFINATLY try to find this song somewhere if you haven't ever heard it. The lyrics are so touching.

"God Bless the USA" - Lee Greenwood; I think you only need to be a little bit patriotic to have a smile of your face after listening to this song.

"Hero" - Mariah Carey; One of my favorite songs of all time, easily.

"I Believe I Can Fly" - R Kelly; Any song with a title that has such inspirational and self-believing words is going to be one of my favorites.

"I Will Remember You" - Sarah McLachlan; A really emotional song, just great.

"Angel" - Sarah McLachlan; Another touching song. McLachlan is amazing.

"Run To You" - Whitney Houston; A very nice song that I haven't really heard in a while, but it's a very nice song.

"100 Years" - Five for Fighting; One of my internet friends who I've known for years is really attached to this song, and it's quite hard not to be attached to it when one of your best friends is.

"One Voice" - Barry Manilow; This one isn't really one that I'm completly emotionally attached to, but I feel that the lyrics of this song are so powerful. It's about how if just one single person would start to sing, then one by one, everyone will join in. It has some of the best lyrics I've heard, and probably should go down as one of those old songs that the next generation will grow up listening to, just like "You'll Never Walk Alone" with my family (but unfortunately, it probably won't)

"No Holly For Miss Quinn" - Enya; This is an instrumental song, but the only reason that I'm really attached to it is because I happened to stumble across the music for it on the piano, and it's the song that I play best.

"Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" - Elton John; Just a fun song to listen to.

"My Immortal" - Evanescence; Slow danced at the prom with the girl I liked at the time to this song, so it obviously has special meaning.

"I Believe" - Fantasia; Easily my favorite song for the longest time after it came out.

"Foolish Games" - Jewel; The only Jewel song I like, and it's a really sad one at that! Can't help but want to cry when you hear it.

"To Where You Are" - Josh Groban; Actually, I guess I lied when I said I never cried during a song.. they played this song at my Grandpa's funeral.

"Dante's Prayer" - Loreena McKennitt; This is a song that I'm next to positive none of you have heard. It's a very nice song.

"One Last Cry" - Bryan McKnight; Again, another really, really sad song

"She Believes In Me" - Ronan Keating; This is one of my favorite songs to sing. I love it.

"Butterfly Kisses" - Bob Carlisle; I know that in 30 years when my daugher is getting married, this will be the perfect song for me.

"Battle Hymn of the Republic" - several artists; Another of those songs that my whole family knows.

"Fields of Gold" - Eva Cassidy; A re-make of Sting's version, a much slower and emotional version. I personally think this song could very well be the most beautiful song ever.

"Gold" - Linda Eder; Another one of those that says not to ever give up at what you do.

"Somewhere Out There" - Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram; My Grandma always cries when she hears this song. Another one of those that just runs in my blood.

"What A Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong; Same as the one above.

Jeesh that was a long list!!!
    Apprentice 3 Favorites:
    Tana - Tara - Verna - Kendra - Danny

American Idol 4:
    1. Nadia, 2. Vonzell, 3. Anwar, 4. Carrie, 5. Constantine, 6. Bo, 7. Jessica, 8. Lindsey, 9. Anthony, 10. Nikko, 11. Mikalah, 12. Scott

Survivor - Palau Favorites:
    James - Janu - Jeff - Jolanda - Tom - Caryn - Willard - Stephanie

These Songs Make Me Cry:

" When The Last Teardrop Falls " By. Blaque
    " Ocean " By. 3LW
    " A House Is Not A Home " By. Tamyra Gray

"Monday Morning Church" I want to say it's by Alan Jackson
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

That's Carrie. She's hot. Amazing Fanatic's Avatar
    I'd like to add two songs from Lonestar:

Amazed (It's not really sad, but it was the song my sister danced to in her wedding)
    I'm Already There (Tribute to soldiers away from home)

Quote Originally Posted by SkatingFreak
    "Sometimes When We Touch" - Rod Stewart; Another one of those classic songs.
    I've never Rod's version. I've only heard the one by Dan Hill. I wasn't aware that Rod Stewart sang it, too. Not that I would ever listen to it. I'm not exactly Rod's biggest fan.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatingFreak
    I haven't exactly cried while listening to a song (I mean, I'm a 17 year old guy ) But there's a lot of songs that really touch me.

"Remember When It Rained" - Josh Groban; I heard this song for the first time about 2 months ago, it instantly became my favorite, and I listen to it numerous times every day. There's something about it that still makes me stop and just listen to it, which not many songs do that for me.
    Awesome song.. should have been on my list too! "You Raise Me Up" is another good one.

"You'll Never Walk Alone" - from Carousel; Another song that I listened to growing up. It's almost like a crime in my family to not know the words to this one.
    I forgot about this one.. used to make me cry too.

"I Will Remember You" - Sarah McLachlan; A really emotional song, just great.
    Another one that should have been on my list!

"Dante's Prayer" - Loreena McKennitt; This is a song that I'm next to positive none of you have heard. It's a very nice song.

"Fields of Gold" - Eva Cassidy; A re-make of Sting's version, a much slower and emotional version. I personally think this song could very well be the most beautiful song ever.
    I had never heard either one of these songs until Michelle Kwan skated to them.. I don't know if it was the beautiful songs or just watching her skate that made me cry.

Thanks for reminding me of some wonderful songs.

everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) by baz lurhmann. here's why:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99: Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh never mind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years youíll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you canít grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

Youíre not as fat as you imagine.

Donít worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Donít be reckless with other peopleís hearts; donít put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Donít waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youíre ahead; sometimes youíre behind; the race is long, and in the end itís only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive; forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters; throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Donít feel guilty if you donít know what to do with your life; the most interesting people I know didnít know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives; some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still donít.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees; youíll miss them when theyíre gone.

Maybe youíll marry -- maybe you wonít. Maybe youíll have children -- maybe you wonít. Maybe youíll divorce at 40 -- maybe youíll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, donít congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either -- your choices are half chance; so are everybody elseís.

Enjoy your body; use it every way you can. Donít be afraid of it, or what other people think of it. Itís the greatest instrument youíll ever own.

Dance -- even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you donít follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines; they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents; youíll never know when theyíll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography, in lifestyle, because the older you get the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard;

live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: prices will rise; politicians will philander; you too will get old, and when you do youíll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Donít expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund; maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Donít mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia: dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than itís worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Incomplete list:
    "Colorblind" - Counting Crows
    "Exquisite Corpse" - Hedwig
    "Ana's Song" - Silverchair
    "Those To Come" - The Shins
    "End" - The Cure
    "Comptine D'un Autre …tť: L'aprŤs Midi" - Yann Tiersen
    "Ave Maria," "Amazing Grace," "FŁr Elise" ...
    ... and "500 Miles" & "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" - Peter, Paul, and Mary (Nostalgia. Thanks, Mom and Dad.)

Quote Originally Posted by raindance
    I am embarressed to say that I listened to the movie version of 'My heart will go on' and I cried
    There's nohthing to be embarssed about it's no big deal even though I have heard that song over 100 times (I think) anyway don't be ashamed like I said it's OK

Rachel
    Kyan Douglas: To cute for words

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Cold & Empty - Kid Rock (who?)
    Single Father - Kid Rock (broke my heart when he cried while performing it)

Jewel gets me with:

Little Sister
    Foolish Games
    Near You Always

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

(oh, and Amazing Grace, thanks Salome)

+ Reply to Thread