+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "What fresh hell is THIS?!"

"What fresh hell is THIS?!"

From the Random Observation Dept.:

First of all, this thread probably ought to be classified under "Music," but I think it can swing either way.

Okay...

Have you ever gone through the CD (Or audio-tape. Or vinyl.) collection of your Significant Other? You may not want to after reading this.

I'm not talking about when you first start dating and see the other's place for the first time. Of course, you browse their CD shelf while you're sipping a glass of wine, and you come across the "cool" stuff--like Sting, U2, the Ramones, maybe some old jazz or a soundtrack to a good movie.

I'm talking about after you've been with them a while.

I was looking for Guns 'N Roses's Appetite for Destruction tonight. The g/f thought she had it, and I had left my copy back home in California.

Now, I preface this by saying that the g/f usually listens to a lot of "classic country" now, what I basically call hillbilly music. (Sorry, country fans.) Our tastes don't mesh.

Anyway, I was going through the CD collection, and I came across some stuff she used to collect, REALLY cool stuff too, like old B-52's, early U2, the Nixons, the Doors.

"Well, all right," I thought, "maybe there's hope for her yet."

And then I came across this:

The Very Best of Eric Carmen

I nearly fell back on my butt, scooting away from the CD collection.

This was worse than if I had discovered a love letter (or love email) from some French guy she was seeing on the side.

I feel the need to go to a bar now and drink, but it would probably go something like this:

Me [walking out the door]: I gotta go out for a while, clear my head.

Her: Hey, what's wrong? [Tries to take my arm.]

Me: DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T GET NEAR ME! [Throws Eric Carmen CD down.] How could you? I mean, How could you?? [Run out the door sobbing.]

Anyone here have a similar experience with a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Love and kisses,

phat32

(*whose Most Embarrassing CD is probably Candyman's Knockin' Boots)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

My husband's music taste has never ceased to amaze me.
    In any medium he has, he has this wide ranging odd stuff. Dio to the Carpenters. Rainbow to David Cassidy. Black Sabbith to Tiffany. It's very weird.

(of course he says the same thing about me)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

thinks Nancy must secretly be going through John's CD collection

I actually have an extremely varied collection of music. Jimmy Buffett to Metallica. Drowning Pool to Bob Marley. Billy Joel to T-Ride. And of course, the largest collection of Hair Band CD's in the free world.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    John, you sound a lot like me.

I've got LedZepplin to Jimmy Buffett, all the early Duran Duran stuff , Foreigner to CCR, the one-hit wonders of the 80's to Billy Joel and the Eagles!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

damn sounds like my collection too, but unfortunately I had to sell off most of mine a few years back.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I don't know who Eric Carmen is? Never heard of him....

was looking for the confused smilie....i like the drool one

I realized reading this I have had only one serious relationship in which my s.o even liked music like I do
    I LOVE MUSIC - concerts etc.
    My ex-husband never had any favorite bands or cds.
    a few serious boyfriends......not one of them had cds!

maybe that's why they're Xs now.....

I have a ton of cds ranging from music from the City of Angels sound track (love every song on that one)
    every U2 cd -- my favorite I guess.
    Jimi Hendrix....Janis Joplin.....The Doors
    Staind - Linkin park - matchbox twenty......
    and (haha) Ted Nugent.....
    I have all of Elvis Presley's albums
    I even have some 8 tracks......
    I'm freakin old
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

If I went through my bf's cd collection, it would mean nothing to me! Some of his CDs are blank, sometimes I even wonder how he can recognise which CD to use when he wants to hear something in particular.

I don't own any music CDs at all... Music makes me

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    i have everything from Abba to Zappa, even got those big black discs they called vinyl records. anyone remmeber them?. even got some parliment , smithereens, revolting cocks, and dread zepplin

nlmcp, John, BravoFan, joeguy:

Well, at least I know now that I'm not the only one with a very eclectic collection--Tori Amos to Mozart, Oasis to Ice Cube. A lot of musicians like Jewel, Lisa Loeb, Garbage, Shawn Colvin, Sheryl Crow...

Hey, wait a minute--am I lesbian??

I'm only kidding!

Ilikai, sorry about the CD collection, man.

Stevie, if you've heard the song Hungry Eyes, then you've heard of Eric Carmen.

kuifje75--first of all, after keying out your name, I'm glad I'm not a dyslexic. Secondly, I know how you feel about music. Even though I have a respectable CD collection, I prefer quiet when I'm working or reading by myself. I could take or leave the car radio, and I've only been to one live concert (Harry Connick, Jr.).
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hey-- didn't he do that song "All by myself"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast