+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "What fresh hell is THIS?!"

Originally posted by Shayla
    Guy: Your eyes are like pools of. . .

Shayla: Be'thch Nath! Do Chach Be'ht! *stab*
    Shayla,

If he starts off the Macking with "pools of radiance," then, yes, he deserves a Can of Klingon Whoop-Ass (TM).

Unless, of course, it's Robert Jordan. In which case you have to put up with a 10-volume/2,000 page per volume love letter which is dull, moves nowhere and makes you feel like flinging a whiskey bottle against the fireplace when you're done.

Oh, and I caught your post about emulating my bold style for posters' names. I always thought it made my posts more readable. :bows deeply to you:
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Originally posted by joeguy
    Terry Jacks "seasons in the sun" around 75 I beleive. just rying to remember it too lazy to google the history.
    I usually pride myself in being able to pick up the most obscure references, like Dennis Miller with attention-deficit disorder. I have to admit you guys got me. I have no idea who Terry Jacks is.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Originally posted by phat32
    I usually pride myself in being able to pick up the most obscure references, like Dennis Miller with attention-deficit disorder. I have to admit you guys got me. I have no idea who Terry Jacks is.
    Consider yourself very lucky.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

http://www.chl.ca/JamMusicPopEncyclo...cks_terry.html

Terry Jacks was a Canuck who had the hit "Seasons in the Sun".

Originally posted by phat32
    I'm not sure when being Geek (yes, it's capitalized because it's its own cultural group now. I do so declare!) became de rigeur as opposed to outside "the norm." I think that comic-book movies, sci-fi, computer technology, animation, video games and being smart became cool sometime in the last three or four years.
    I'm not sure it has down in the trenches (middle school, high school, etc.). I just think all the dumbasses get left behind as you age. Bright people always tend to find one another somehow.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Bright people always tend to find one another somehow.
    Paulie, fortunately, my bright friends let me ride on their coattails. I'm very naive and gullible.
    If he starts off the Macking with "pools of radiance," then, yes, he deserves a Can of Klingon Whoop-Ass (TM).
    phat:
    My eyes are just plain brown, so any adjective tacked on to "pools" would likely be an insult or a lie!

LG.
    Very funny thread. This is what I get for not going into the "music" forum for weeks on end. Glad it is still in circulation because otherwise I'd have missed this gem. Why don't I spend more time in "music"? Could it be because I'm too damn cheap to actually buy music and end up listening to whatever happens to be on the radio? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps (which is a song title from Cake, one of the like, um, one bands that I actually buy their CDs)
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG, it's great that you stopped by. I'm kind of stuck here. It's after midnight, and I'm trapped in one of phat's threads. Please do me a favor and reach through your monitor screen.

LG.
    *reaches out hand* Shayla, grab on and I'll drag you into the General Forum. Sorry I can't actually help you get completely out of the FORT, as I've been lost here for 6 months now and don't want to know my way out.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thank you, LG, for getting me out of there.

I was getting that not-so-fresh-hell feeling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast