+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "What fresh hell is THIS?!"

Ah.... one song comes to mind that I have (had) in my possession that my husband never lets me forget about (nor his friend) ....

Oh lord. Can't believe I'm about to dig this back out of the closet.
    It was actually on a cd that I brought over here from Norway, it was a top 10 summer hits from a radio station back home... So I put it in the stereo, and I'm really surprised that my husband didn't put me on a plane back to Norway the minute he discovered I had this song in my possession:

Goodbye to you, my trusted friend
    We've known each other since we're nine or ten
    Together we climbed hills or trees
    Learned of love and ABC's
    Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees

We had joy, we had fun,
    we had seasons in the sun
    But the wine and the song
    Like the seasons, all have gone

Ok I can't take anymore..... you probably recognize it by now...

Him and his friend were rolling laughing, and I was so red I was like... "What? what's wrong with that?" .... ugh. lol.
    Not sure where that cd is, he probably threw it in the trash while I was sleeping.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Originally posted by phat32

The lesson I learned: Star Trek posters of ships and crew do NOT for a romantic environment make.

Wow, what a flashback.

My husband and his friends have this annoying habit of quoting Monty Phytion and the Holy Grail. To the point that altough I hated the movie, I can quote it now. They would for some reason think this was a good way to pick up women....they finally figured out they were wrong.

He is also a Star Trek fan....I can handle that, Spock always seemed sexy in a engineering geek type of way.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by Wyndemere
    Ah.... one song comes to mind that I have (had) in my possession that my husband never lets me forget about (nor his friend) ....

[I]
    omg. I would die if that hell of a song entered my house. It came on the radio one time when I was annoyed with life and I just started screaming at the radio "die already"....It made me feel a little better.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by phat32
    [And so goes the flipside to this thread: How about having a song (or entire band) you like ruined for you because you associate it with a disastrous former relationship?
    I can't say it was a song I loved, but after having a guy start singing along with "Hot Blooded" in my ear while making out, ruined not only the song but the guy for me.

Other then that, I can listen to any songs from a prior relationship with a "oh that was sweet, thank god one of us came to our senses" feeling.

I loved Patience -Guns An Roses...

Can't listen to it now. Was a favorite of mine and an ex fiance.
    And Lady In Red too
    makes me sad

That Joy we had Fun One......
    big time flashback
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

The only song I can't listen to because of an association with an event is Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic". It was played at my mom's funeral, and it's just too tough to listen to any more.

Other than that, I can listen to anything.

Originally posted by John
    The only song I can't listen to because of an association with an event is Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic". It was played at my mom's funeral, and it's just too tough to listen to any more.

Other than that, I can listen to anything.
    I know how it goes, man. I'm sorry about your ma; I lost my da at a fairly young age, too.

(Why did I post that last part in a cornball Irish slang?) :
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Originally posted by Modesty
    You obviously never met me .
    I'm not sure when being Geek (yes, it's capitalized because it's its own cultural group now. I do so declare!) became de rigeur as opposed to outside "the norm." I think that comic-book movies, sci-fi, computer technology, animation, video games and being smart became cool sometime in the last three or four years.

Yes, Shayla is right--college does have a high concentration of Geeks. It's the inverted pyramid of high school, where everyone thought he/she was the Mack and the Geeks were forced to retreat to a dank, dark basement and shy away from the sun (ie Chess Club or French Club).

The high-school cool kids, once in college, were the ones forced to retreat into their own enclaves of mutual back-slapping, artifical behavior, peer pressure and pack-protection. We call these "fraternities and sororities." (Attention to any of you Greeks: My g/f was a sorority sister. So there.)

Of course, this doesn't change the fact that some things were not meant for romancin'. Here now are:

Top Ten Star Trek-Related Things to Avoid Saying in the Bedroom

10. "I'm about to vent my plasma."
    9. "Wow! You set the phaser on stun...NING!"
    8. (Anything in Klingonese.)
    7. "Sorry, babe, but Scotty didn't beam Jim Kirk up all the way, if you know what I mean."
    6. "What big lobes you have."
    5. "I know you said you were au naturel, but what is that--a Tribble?!"
    4. "Wanna rub Picard's head?"
    3. "Permission to load a quantum torpedo...?"
    2. "Wanna see the captain's log?"

And the number one Star Trek-related thing you shouldn't say in the bedroom...

1. "Wow, it must be cold in here, 'cuz Spock's ears aren't the only thing that's pointy."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

8. (Anything in Klingonese.)
    Guy: Your eyes are like pools of. . .

Shayla: Be'thch Nath! Do Chach Be'ht! *stab*

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by Wyndemere

We had joy, we had fun,
    we had seasons in the sun
    But the wine and the song
    Like the seasons, all have gone[/I]
    Terry Jacks "seasons in the sun" around 75 I beleive. just rying to remember it too lazy to google the history.

Sher....yeah 2 missed chances for me, I'm always a day late, dollar short or ran out of gas 2 miles away from heaven

but i am proud to admit I was an audio visual aid in high school. one of the nerds who delivered the film projectors and the film and ran off the papers on the ditto machine. that was me!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast