+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audiophiles

FORT Regular

Audiophiles

Are you an audiophile? Does it matter as much to you how the music is being played back as what music is being played back? I am. I keep seeing/hearing these products where the form clearly doesnít follow the function. They are either awkward to use or the shape of the device doesnít lend itself to whatever the device is being used for. Nowhere is this more apparent to me than audio (perhaps because I was a foley engineer for five years). Things that look good donít necessarily sound good. Sound requires itís own physics Ė separate from the needs of design. Am I the only one with this gripe? (I just googled my gripe and found that thereís a company called OTTO that is specifically touting itself as an anathema to my woes: OTTO the products look good on paper, anyone tried them?)

FORT Regular

Re: Audiophiles

I did try a set of their headphones, nice sound quality, I got the surround sound set. They also sent me a coupon for 10% off either their bluetooth car kit: OTTO or their mp3 player/headphones: OTTO You just enter FREESHIP. Oh, and you get free shipping too.

+ Reply to Thread