+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 42nd ACM Awards - Nominees announced

Hey Marybethp,

I don't know how to do the fancy partial quote thing so I'll just say this you wrote the following:

Absolutely agree - she has a terrific voice but I think her "instant" success with Redneck Woman and the like actually put a stigma on her as a party girl and she's not taken that seriously. I personally think John Rich is a genius so her association with him can't hurt her.

In reference to John Rich. I absolutely agree, he is an industry & music machine all to himself. You can check the Country charts on a regular basis & there will be almost no time that one of his songs isn't represented. Almost everyone has recorded something of his at one time or another & made it a hit. I also like some of Big & Richs music. 8th of November was stunning.

Reba McEntire to host Academy of Country Music Awards - Nashville, Tennessee - Thursday, 03/22/07 - Tennessean.com
    Thursday, 03/22/07
    Reba McEntire to host Academy of Country Music Awards

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Reba McEntire will return as host of the 42nd annual Academy of Country Music Awards, the organization announced Thursday.

"I'm so flattered," McEntire said in a statement. "I'm thrilled to be heading back to Las Vegas to help put on the greatest show in country music."

The awards will be presented May 15 in Las Vegas, and the show will air live on CBS Corp.'s CBS network at 8 p.m. EDT.

George Strait leads the nominees with eight nominations, including entertainer of the year and top male vocalist. Vocal duo Brooks & Dunn have seven nominations and Rascal Flatts has six.

McEntire, 51, has won 11 ACM awards and received 41 nominations. She first found fame with hits such as "Whoever's in New England" and "Fancy." She later had success on Broadway in "Annie Get Your Gun" and in films, including "Tremors."

From 2001 to 2007, she starred in the hit TV sitcom "Reba."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Reba!! I love her

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2292319;
    Reba!! I love her
    For the first time in 11 years Reba will be in Nashville for the CMA Music Fest in June. I'm going & looking forward to seeing her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123