+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 42nd ACM Awards - Nominees announced

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2266705;
    I certainly do like Taylor Swift and would love to see her win. I bought her CD based on the Tim McGraw song and it has spent lots of time in my CD player as I love all the songs on it in particular "Our Song." My daughter made me burn buy her a copy.
    It is unbelievable to me that Taylor Swift is just 17. My oh my where were these types of girls when I was in High School? She is really a throw back to the singer/songwriters of the past like Joni Mitchell & Joan Baez. She wrote all the songs on the album, plays guitar, sings, & if you ever get a chance to hear her do an interview, she handles herself extremely well. Not to mention that she opened 8 shows last Winter for Rascal Flatts, is now on tour opening for George Straitt, & is readying herself for a Spring tour with Brad Paisley. Her newest single is Teardrops on My Guitar. Another good song.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2267044;
    Hey BB, you forgot to mention the most successful of all Nashville Star contestants, Miranda Lambert. I believe the Best New Female is hers this year for a few reasons. 1) She lost last year to Carrie 2) This is her last year to be nominated in this category 3) She has been very successful on the charts & on the radio & 4) She is also nominated for Best Female Vocalist.

Kellie & Taylor can both be noiminated again next year so I think this one goes to Ran.
    I did forget Miranda, didn't I? .....I think she may win the best newcomer too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    I still think the Dixie chicks' album sounded more country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2267227;
    I still think the Dixie chicks' album sounded more country!!!
    Whether that is the case or not the DC have tried everything imaginable to divorce themselves from the genre. Only the Grammy committee refused to acknowledge this. But, the Country genre have acceeded to their wishes & for the most part stopped playing & awarding their music.

I am so happy for Chris Young. I hope that he wins this one
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2267849;
    I am so happy for Chris Young. I hope that he wins this one
    I will be very surprised if this award doesn't go to Craig Morgan. He has had a lot of radio success with That's What I Love About Sunday being the most played song in 2005. Redneck Yacht Club was a big hit & his newest single, Little Bit of Life has hit the Top 10. Meanwhile Chris has had a tough go on Counrty radio for some reason. He has a great traditional Country sound & Drinkin Me Lonely was a fine showcase for him, but Radio just didn't play it. If I'm not mistake it peaked around 35. His new song just may be the one to get him kick started though, but it will be too late for this award show. He & Jake will be available for nomination again next year, while this is Craig's last shot at the newcomer award.

I have a few more head shaking things to mention on these nominations.

1) Miranda Lambert was nominated as Best Female Vocalist over LeAnn Rimes. That is very strange. I wonder if Ms. Rimes seeming prima donna attitude is beginning to bite her in the butt.

2) Two years ago Gretchen Wilson was the Female Vocalist of the Year, & just this short amount of time later, she isn't even nominated. Gretchen desperately needs to find a different path & leave the Redneck Woman & Here For The Party girl behind.

3) I was dissapointed that Danielle Peck wasn't nominated for Best New Female. As I said earlier I believe Miranda will win, but Danielle has had more success than Kellie Pickler & I think she should have at least taken the 3rd spot along with Taylor Swift.

4) SheDaisy was left out of consideration again. I wonder who these talented women have pissed off?

5) Eric Church's album Sinners Like Me is one of the best debut albums I have heard in many years, yet his label has not supported it & I think that caused him to miss out on a Best New Male nomination. Based on strength of songs he should definitely be there before Rodney Adkins.

But that's just me.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I agree with a lot of things you said razorbacker...every year it seems the same handful of people get nominated and others don't get noticed for whatever reasons.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2269099;
    2) Two years ago Gretchen Wilson was the Female Vocalist of the Year, & just this short amount of time later, she isn't even nominated. Gretchen desperately needs to find a different path & leave the Redneck Woman & Here For The Party girl behind.
    Absolutely agree - she has a terrific voice but I think her "instant" success with Redneck Woman and the like actually put a stigma on her as a party girl and she's not taken that seriously. I personally think John Rich is a genius so her association with him can't hurt her.

3) I was dissapointed that Danielle Peck wasn't nominated for Best New Female. As I said earlier I believe Miranda will win, but Danielle has had more success than Kellie Pickler & I think she should have at least taken the 3rd spot along with Taylor Swift.
    Agree here too! I think Danielle Peck is really terrific. I think that Kellie Pickler is decent, but I think DP has a lot more staying power (although that seems to be an issue lately with a lot of young women in country). I enjoy Danielle a lot.

4) SheDaisy was left out of consideration again. I wonder who these talented women have pissed off?
    They are good, but they never get the recoginition (I call them the "Third Watch" of country music - my husband laughs at me )

5) Eric Church's album Sinners Like Me is one of the best debut albums I have heard in many years, yet his label has not supported it & I think that caused him to miss out on a Best New Male nomination. Based on strength of songs he should definitely be there before Rodney Adkins.
    While I don't doubt Eric's album (I've only heard the singles), I think Rodney Adkins is really great - he's really likeable with a very simple, country sound.

Oh and for Craig Morgan - I enjoy him a lot.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    OMG, where are the D-Chicks??
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast