+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Radiohead/Jeff Buckley fans?

Any Radiohead/Jeff Buckley fans?

They are my 2 favorites right now along with Led Zep
    Radiohead's OK Computer is awesome and you all should definitely buy it
    You won't be sorry
    Listen to Radiohead songs like Street Spirit/My Iron Lung/Paranoid Android/Exit Music/Karma Police/Electioneering/Climbing Up The Walls/Idioteque and the list goes on!
    Jeff Buckley's Grace album is also amazing, he has a 4 octave vocal range
    In songs like Eternal Life, he just has so many different sides to his voice
    There are times where he sounds so childlike and angelic and then there are times where he sounds like he is possessed
    it is truly amazing but sad
    In 1997, he drowned in the Mississippi River in what some thought was a suicide
    He was bipolar and for those who don't know, he is Tim Buckley's son
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    I love both of them. I have Radiohead's The Bends and I think I want OK Computer. I'm just getting into Jeff Buckley but I'm planning to buy Grace off of Amazon.com. I adore the title track, and "Last Goodbye," and "Hallelujah," which will make me cry every single time I listen to it. Jeff Buckley is one of the four musical artists that I have tacked the coveted "genius" label onto (the other three being Greg Graffin of Bad Religion, Elvis Costello, and Damon Albarn of Blur/Gorillaz).

EDIT: If you like Radiohead/Jeff Buckley, you might like a band called Colours Run, an unsigned indie-rock band from Manchester, England. They're my current third-favorite band. Unfortunately, their CD is not available for purchase in America as far as I know. But you can listen to the entire thing online if you click the link.
    Last edited by MysticalChicken; 01-18-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalChicken;2208701;
    I love both of them. I have Radiohead's The Bends and I think I want OK Computer. I'm just getting into Jeff Buckley but I'm planning to buy Grace off of Amazon.com. I adore the title track, and "Last Goodbye," and "Hallelujah," which will make me cry every single time I listen to it. Jeff Buckley is one of the four musical artists that I have tacked the coveted "genius" label onto (the other three being Greg Graffin of Bad Religion, Elvis Costello, and Damon Albarn of Blur/Gorillaz).

EDIT: If you like Radiohead/Jeff Buckley, you might like a band called Colours Run, an unsigned indie-rock band from Manchester, England. They're my current third-favorite band. Unfortunately, their CD is not available for purchase in America as far as I know. But you can listen to the entire thing online if you click the link.
    thanks for the suggestion
    you should definitely buy OK Computer, it's just so slow/haunting and every song has an interesting concept
    thom yorke's new solo cd is great too although it is nowhere near their old stuff
    jeff buckley is so talented, he has always been praised for his voice
    most people know him from his cover of leonard cohen's "hallelujah"
    that was an amazing cover, but it frustrates me that he is most well known for a cover song since he was such a gifted songwriter
    it's so sad he passed away too soon
    I miss AJ!!

i just want to say anyone who listens to modern rock like muse and franz ferdinand, that is strongly influenced by radiohead
    listen to their earlier albums like the bends/ok computer
    i like their albums after that, but most think they are a little too over the top creative
    still thom yorke's solo album has gotten great reviews
    off his new album, harrowdown hill is a cool spacey song
    street spirit is off the bends and could quite possibly be the most beautiful song i have ever heard, and the lyrics are interesting
    it's about how modern technology is so overwhelming that some cannot be in touch with their emotions
    jeff buckley i basically recommend for anyone
    just listen to the first couple seconds of corpus christi carol and that says it all
    grace is a beautiful song about being so happy, so in love and so high on life that you don't care if you die tomorrow
    eternal life is his praise to led zeppelin's influence on the blues and its a song about war and everyone's fight for immortality
    what i love about that song is that when the melody changes and the guitars go all distorted, jeff buckley has great control over his voice
    he sings agressively without screaming, most would just scream
    jeff buckley knows how to show aggression in his voice while still maintaining harmony and not crossing the line of screaming
    definitely take a listen
    I miss AJ!!

"Harrowdown Hill" is one of my favorite songs to sing along with. And I also think "Street Spirit" is beautiful. It's one of the songs that I would want to learn to play if I had the patience to learn the guitar.

(And I love both Muse and Franz Ferdinand as well.)
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Wow, I just found this thread, and I'm happy that somebody else likes these two.

I fell in love with Jeff's music a few years back, and even joined a group about his music and his life. It was an interesting board.

I grew up on Zep and Pink Floyd, and will always love their music.

I love the song "Street Spirit" from The Bends, and also love "Fake Plastic Trees"...it's disputably my fave. I think after what I have heard I will have to buy Ok Computer, I don't have that one yet.

Jeff Buckley was amazing. Absolutely the most sensual man I have ever seen. His voice is like an angel's. I have the dvd of his concert performance, cant remember where, but if you are a fan, it's a must to watch. It could make you cry though, just realizing his life ended so tragically and soon. I've got all his albums, I think. I love them all for different reasons, but really enjoy "Everybody Here Wants You"..for some reason the beat of that song to me is like, just perfect for a slow kind of swaying dance where you arent really dancing, with a lover. hehe.
    He had amazing control over that voice.

lily

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax1;2216285;
    Wow, I just found this thread, and I'm happy that somebody else likes these two.

I fell in love with Jeff's music a few years back, and even joined a group about his music and his life. It was an interesting board.

I grew up on Zep and Pink Floyd, and will always love their music.

I love the song "Street Spirit" from The Bends, and also love "Fake Plastic Trees"...it's disputably my fave. I think after what I have heard I will have to buy Ok Computer, I don't have that one yet.

Jeff Buckley was amazing. Absolutely the most sensual man I have ever seen. His voice is like an angel's. I have the dvd of his concert performance, cant remember where, but if you are a fan, it's a must to watch. It could make you cry though, just realizing his life ended so tragically and soon. I've got all his albums, I think. I love them all for different reasons, but really enjoy "Everybody Here Wants You"..for some reason the beat of that song to me is like, just perfect for a slow kind of swaying dance where you arent really dancing, with a lover. hehe.
    He had amazing control over that voice.

lily
    funny, rolling stone magazine said jeff buckley has the voice of an "oversexed angel" and thom yorke has the voice of an "anguished choirboy"
    both of their voices, just haunt you and there's something about it, you just cannot forget it
    jeff buckley's vocal range is amazing, his falsetto is so impressive
    thom yorke seems like a very interesting guy and you should read some of his interviews, he's just such an anti-conformist, it's funny
    you would be surprised by some of the unlikely places he is inspired to write a song about
    I miss AJ!!

Wow! That's it exactly...an oversexed angel. A very sensual voice, indeed...or maybe I'm just a perv.

I used to read everything I could about Buckley. And look at every picture I could find. It was an obsession of sorts.

I don't know much about Thom except one of my friends on the Buckley board loved that guy and used to talk about him all the time. I heard that he heard Buckley performing "Hallelujah" (sp?) and that was what inspired him to go and immediately record his voice parts for "Fake Plastic Trees". At least I think those were the two songs involved. I may have forgotten so correct me if I'm wrong.

lily

that's interesting, i never knew those two songs were in any way related
    i know thom yorke has praised jeff buckley many times
    i think you should definitely get into radiohead, every album
    another one of my favorite radiohead songs is idioteque, everyone would definitely recognize if they heard it
    when he performs it live, it's just so emotional and spectacular
    it's a shame jeff buckley died so early, he truly could have been the next bob dylan, only bob dylan could not sing to save his life, though i love him
    I miss AJ!!

I just bought Grace last night. "F***ing incredible" is not superlative enough to describe it. I absolutely love every track.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast