+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Radiohead/Jeff Buckley fans?

i told you you wouldn't be sorry!
    grace truly is a spectacular album, every song is just so amazing in such different ways
    anyone viewing this thread should listen to jeff buckley or radiohead
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Yes, Big Jeff Buckley fan. one of the mose Genuine artists of our time.

I'm an avid collector of his work and also thinking of producing a film in his lasy days.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by jecado;2218060;
    Yes, Big Jeff Buckley fan. one of the mose Genuine artists of our time.

I'm an avid collector of his work and also thinking of producing a film in his lasy days.
    that's awesome, is that him in your avatar?
    I miss AJ!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Radiohead? Yes! yes! Here i am.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    So the other night I was riding with my mom in the car and listening to Grace, and "Hallelujah" came on and I said "I don't care when I die, I want this song played at my funeral. And this song WILL make me cry." So it played and of course I cried like I do every single time I hear that song, and when it finished I said "God, I love that song so much."
    "It's a pretty song," said my mom, and I knew right then that she hadn't really listened to it, "but why does it make you cry, though?"
    ....What? What?! I... what? Did you listen to it? I thought incredulously. Did you not listen to the lyrics? "Remember when I moved in you, and the holy dove was moving too, and every breath we drew was hallelujah"? How can that not make you cry? I didn't say that, however, I just said "Because it's beautiful!" in a how-could-you-not-know-that sort of way.
    Last edited by MysticalChicken; 01-29-2007 at 01:39 PM.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalChicken;2219776;
    So the other night I was riding with my mom in the car and listening to Grace, and "Hallelujah" came on and I said "I don't care when I die, I want this song played at my funeral. And this song WILL make me cry." So it played and of course I cried like I do every single time I hear that song, and when it finished I said "God, I love that song so much."
    "It's a pretty song," said my mom, and I knew right then that she hadn't really listened to it, "but why does it make you cry, though?"
    ....What? What?! I... what? Did you listen to it? I thought incredulously. Did you not listen to the lyrics? "Remember when I moved in you, and the holy dove was moving too, and every breath we drew was hallelujah"? How can that not make you cry? I didn't say that, however, I just said "Because it's beautiful!" in a how-could-you-not-know-that sort of way.
    that is an emotional song, but just so you know, jeff buckley did not write those lyrics
    it was originally a leonard cohen song
    I miss AJ!!

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    I know it's a cover (i shoulda said that before), but it still makes me cry.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Is that him in your avatar?
    Nope, That's me in the avatar. Wow, I've been ask that alot, as far as me having a strong resemblence to JB.

He is my source of inspiration.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

I like both. You know, they're pretty okay. If you like Jeff Buckley, definitely check out his dad Tim's work--I might actually slightly prefer his voice. "Song to the Siren" and "Sing a Song for You" are really hauntingly beautiful. Another artist in the same vein that Jeff drew a lot of inspiration from is Big Star, whose album "Third/Sister Lovers" I can't recommend highly enough.

As for Radiohead, I like all of their work. That build in "Exit Music for a Film" is a grand moment, as is the cacophonous horn section in "The National Anthem." They've become so eminent on the stage of today's music that it's hard to say anything about them that hasn't been said. I do remember when the British music press had pegged them as one-hit-wonders with "Creep," though.

Quote Originally Posted by jecado;2221156;
    Nope, That's me in the avatar. Wow, I've been ask that alot, as far as me having a strong resemblence to JB.

He is my source of inspiration.
    you do look a lot like him, will you play him in your movie idea?
    I miss AJ!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast