+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anticipated album of 2007

I can't wait for Mutya's album. It sux that I don't live in the uk.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Hillary Duff, Amerie have got hypes.
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Re: Anticipated album of 2007

hilary duff album

MiG Ayesa's cd which comes out tomorrow
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm anxiously awaiting the new Pussycat Doll album which should be out late this year and Nicole's (of pcd) solo album which should be coming soon in June I believe!

Being the old fogey that I am:
    Paul McCartney's "Memory Almost Full" being released in June.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

I can't wait for Devin Townsend's latest thing, "Ziltoid the Omniscient." (It's a prog/metal concept album about an alien who comes to destroy earth unless they give him their finest cup of coffee . . . but there's a TWIST at the end!) Devy was supposed to be on hiatus, and this thing just came out of nowhere and it's awesome.

Tomahawk (one of Mike Patton's groups) has a new one coming out soon, "Anonymous," which is supposed to be really good. It's rock influenced with some obscure Native American traditional music--guitarist Duane Denison has spent a lot of time hanging out on reservations while on tour and such.

On the other hand, I was excited to hear that Marilyn Manson had a new album coming out, titled "Eat Me, Drink Me," and with the obvious Lewis Carroll reference, I thought it might be interesting. However, the MySpace tracks are terrible.

I'm pretty excited about Manic Street Preachers having a new album out. I had a huge poster of Nicky Wire and Richey all dolled up in leopard print and smeared eyeliner pinned to my bedroom wall when I was in my teens, and fellow music geeks might have noted that my signature line ("Culture slut") is a Nicky Wire-ism. As I recall, he had written "culture slut" in bright red lipstick across his chest on that poster of mine. Hmm, I wonder what happened to it?

Anyway, with Release the Tigers, Manics have definitely stepped up their game after a couple of lukewarm efforts. It's political, it's got drive and, even more importantly, the Manics rock again. James Dean Bradfield has never sounded better vocally, and old-school fans will be pleased to know that there are echoes of both Holy Bible and Generation Terrorists. Standout tracks include first single "Your Love Is Not Enough", a catchy little number that has James Dean Bradfield pairing up with The Cardigans' Nina Persson. Mind you, there isn't one song in the bunch that threatens to dethrone "Motorcycle Emptiness", but seeing that it's not only the best song Manics are likely to ever write but also quite possibly the best song of the 90's, I'd still tell people to go out and buy Release the Tigers.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2385552;
    I'm pretty excited about Manic Street Preachers having a new album out. I had a huge poster of Nicky Wire and Richey all dolled up in leopard print and smeared eyeliner pinned to my bedroom wall when I was in my teens, and fellow music geeks might have noted that my signature line ("Culture slut") is a Nicky Wire-ism. As I recall, he had written "culture slut" in bright red lipstick across his chest on that poster of mine. Hmm, I wonder what happened to it?

Anyway, with Release the Tigers, Manics have definitely stepped up their game after a couple of lukewarm efforts. It's political, it's got drive and, even more importantly, the Manics rock again. James Dean Bradfield has never sounded better vocally, and old-school fans will be pleased to know that there are echoes of both Holy Bible and Generation Terrorists. Standout tracks include first single "Your Love Is Not Enough", a catchy little number that has James Dean Bradfield pairing up with The Cardigans' Nina Persson. Mind you, there isn't one song in the bunch that threatens to dethrone "Motorcycle Emptiness", but seeing that it's not only the best song Manics are likely to ever write but also quite possibly the best song of the 90's, I'd still tell people to go out and buy Release the Tigers.
    Okay, I'm sheepishly repeating everything I've said above, with one tiny exception: the album is actually called Send Away the Tigers, not Release the Tigers. Silly me. It's still a good album, though, despite my being senile.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2384880;
    Tomahawk (one of Mike Patton's groups) has a new one coming out soon, "Anonymous," which is supposed to be really good. It's rock influenced with some obscure Native American traditional music--guitarist Duane Denison has spent a lot of time hanging out on reservations while on tour and such.
    That sounds really interesting. I happen to love traditional native music - the drumming in particular is so beautiful and haunting.

On the other hand, I was excited to hear that Marilyn Manson had a new album coming out, titled "Eat Me, Drink Me," and with the obvious Lewis Carroll reference, I thought it might be interesting. However, the MySpace tracks are terrible.
    Thanks for the heads up, Manny. I checked out those MySpace tracks and found them pretty dull.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast