+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To those savvy in MP3 and IPOD

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Now I know that probably every person in here is going to disagree with me, but it was the worst $300 (American) that I HAVE EVER SPENT.
    Nope! in fact i want to throw you a party. I stick to my Sansa .
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Is Stephanie
    YAY!!! PARTY!

I have vowed never to buy another Apple product as long as I live, and I have decided that my next MP3 is going to be a Dell DJ.

"But Stephanie," said my friend David, "They've discontinued the Dell DJ. You'd have to buy it used."
    "Exactly my dear friend," I replied gaily, "Because that way I KNOW THE $%&@@*! DEVICE WILL WORK CORRECTLY!"

So maybe I got a little carried away. Or maybe Apple isn't taking me seriously enough. Either way, I'm more than willing to let anyone else who won't buy an iPod come as a guest to the party that Amy Lee is throwing for me!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2198390;
    I didn't like that IPOD's you could only get your music from one source...
    This isn't true. You can copy your cd's to Itunes to transfer them to your Ipod (Itunes is the most user friendly IMO). Or if you prefer using another online music service, just buy your music from them, burn it to a cd then copy over to Itunes. A little cumbersome but it can be done.

I Is Stephanie
    But if there is only 1 song on my MusicMatch Jukebox that I want on iTunes, do you really think that I'm going to waste a perfectly good CD on it? However, I'm not going to waste a perfectly good 99 cents to download it again either, so it's just a song that you have to do without.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I don't like the idea of paying just too get one song as well. Nor could i ever dig the idea of Downloading a whole album/buying it online, i enjoy the whole cd business.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Is Stephanie
    I don't mind paying for 1 song, it's the thought of having to pay for 1 song that I already have, because when I try to copy it, a message about illeagal functions and aborting actions and vote Republican and the world is ending comes up. Just over a song that was definitely downloaded legally, just not on iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2205686;
    I don't mind paying for 1 song, it's the thought of having to pay for 1 song that I already have, because when I try to copy it, a message about illeagal functions and aborting actions and vote Republican and the world is ending comes up. Just over a song that was definitely downloaded legally, just not on iTunes.
    Hmm, never had that problem. I myself wait until I have a few songs built up to burn to a cd, plus I buy them in bulk so I don't mind if I have some wasted space now and then.

ipod's are stupid especially the nano ones but not the new kind of nanos i think. They just break down on you or the screen breaks or something.

I actually really enjoy my video Ipod. It's been a great little partner, especially with the radio extension. And yes, you have to be careful with the screens, but all you have to remember is they're like glasses and you don't want to scratch those.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2205686;
    What about when you purchase cds and the cds are encrypted (or whatever) so that they won't let you transfer the songs onto itunes? That's happened to me before...very annoying. Anyhow, I like itunes and ipod myself and find they work pretty well for me. But improvements can definitely be made (as with anything).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast