+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Grammys 2007 Awards

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    "The Chicks have chosen to continue to make this (rift with country radio) an issue," Walters says. "When they say things like 'We're not a country band anymore,' nothing alienates a country audience more. The marketplace has decided they don't like the Dixie Chicks very much and when the Chicks decided to knock listeners over the head with 'Not Ready to Make Nice,' they just reopened old wounds."

Unfortunately, Natalie lets her mouth get the best of her

Just my two cents...that's a big part of it! I know I haven't heard them in my part of Texas in years, except when I listen to XM, and it is a shame. BUT, the attitude they took when they released this last album pretty much turned me off to where I don't really care if I hear them again. I can understand that what happened to them turned their world upside down and it was probably hard to overlook it and go back to playing country music's game, but it's still hard to forgive and forget. And I think that the Grammy's are so out of touch with what's going on with country radio anyway that I don't take much stock in them.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2239800;
    "The Chicks have chosen to continue to make this (rift with country radio) an issue," Walters says. "When they say things like 'We're not a country band anymore,' nothing alienates a country audience more. The marketplace has decided they don't like the Dixie Chicks very much and when the Chicks decided to knock listeners over the head with 'Not Ready to Make Nice,' they just reopened old wounds."

Unfortunately, Natalie lets her mouth get the best of her

Just my two cents...that's a big part of it! I know I haven't heard them in my part of Texas in years, except when I listen to XM, and it is a shame. BUT, the attitude they took when they released this last album pretty much turned me off to where I don't really care if I hear them again. I can understand that what happened to them turned their world upside down and it was probably hard to overlook it and go back to playing country music's game, but it's still hard to forgive and forget. And I think that the Grammy's are so out of touch with what's going on with country radio anyway that I don't take much stock in them.
    I have 2 cents to add as well. First off, Carrie & Rascal Flatts are the two biggest selling stars in Country music, & they were asked to perform songs that were not at all representative of what Country music is today. It was not even close to what folks should expect to hear on Country radio. Country music has come so far & has so many great singers, songwriters, & musicians that it was sad to not see any of them showcased. Secondly the Chicks & Country radio have had a nasty divorce, yet the Grammy people decided to completely ignore this fact & nominate them in Country categories. I think all of this speaks to an arrogance on the part of mainsteram Pop music & the LA crowd. It was a slap in the face to Country music & I understand completely why Nashville is pissed off about it. But Country music is the only genre last year that had an increase in CD sales on a year over year basis. So who will have the last laugh on this issue?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I'm glad that the Dixie Chicks won, but I too am tired of the debate. Natalie's comments about the 5 awards being a political statement kind of put me off. It may be a political statement by academy voters, but it may be based on a really good album.

I think it's funny that country radio admits that 50% of their audience wouldn't mind hearing the Dixie Chicks on the airwaves yet they say that their audience is mainly against it and so they won't play them. Hmm, seems to me that the issue is just that country radio elected to kowtow to the other 50%. No wonder the Dixie Chicks made a clean break. At least now they're in a position where they can pretty much speak their mind and write some more honest stuff instead of stuff that's good but edited to preserve precious sensibilities and keeping up their sales.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake a Gentleman When It Comes to Britney
    TUESDAY MARCH 20, 2007 05:10 PM EDT

When it comes to talking about his exes, Justin Timberlake is a model of diplomacy.

Asked what he thinks about Britney Spears's recent ups and downs, the singer, 26, demurs, telling Details in its April issue, "We had our thing, and it's over."

And he won't speak at all about Cameron Diaz, from whom he split in January after nearly four years together.

Instead, he slams the tabloids that, he says, "create soap operas out of people's lives." He won't take part in the speculation about the people in his life: "I would never say anything bad about anyone," he says. "I love a lot of those people."

When it comes to discussing his music, however, Timberlake is more forthcoming.

About his first solo album, Justified, he says: "I tried so hard to be an R&B artist, and it was pop album of the year, and I was like, 'F---. That's the last thing I wanted.' But I was like, 'So everyone considers me a pop artist? Well, f--- it. I'm going to do whatever I want to do."

One thing he wishes he hadn't done, he admits, was "My Grammy Moment" during the February awards show, when a contest winner got to perform alongside him.

Though he wanted to cancel the appearance, Timberlake says, he didn't, "Because I'm the nice guy who follows through on the things he commits to. But I don't know if I'll be going through that sort of thing again. I feel like the Grammys used me for ratings. And look at it they were up 18 percent."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Gee...I guess that really makes the winner, Robyn Troup, feel like crap, huh? I read she got a recording contract out of it so maybe it was worth it after all!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

He was such a whiny baby in that magazine article. It really turned me off from him. How can he be so ungrateful for everything his fans have done. There's a reason that he's so successful now and it is not all based on his talent. Also, and this is purely personal, the fact that he'd even try to call his music R&B is a complete joke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567